Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to the range today with the oldman to do some plinking and give me a chance to compare shooting the single action Blackhawk to the Superredhawk. We loaded eveything from rimfires to the bigbores,double action , single action revolvers and semiautos. Shot lots of clays and even played a few tunes on the steel platesIts was a goodtime. The highlight of the day came when it was time to shoot the big Rugers. We had 9 one gallon jugs hanging from the target stand. Backed up to 75yards and pulled out the Blackhawk 41mag. Shooting offhand the oldman showed me how it was done, boiling three jugs out of four shots. Me it took a cylinder and half to get three jugs. We then backed out to 100yards and each blasted another jug apiece with the scoped superredhawk. With one jug left I raised the stakes. We backed out to 150yds, and proceeded to burn a cylinder trying to gestimate the hold over freehanded. Reloaded the gun and we decided to use a rest. Dad took his shot and missed me ,I boiled the jug :D Ended the day on a highnote and ten bucks richer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like a good day at the range. I love shooting steel targets. Been a few years since I have been on a speed course, but I need to get back into it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would do well to empty my revolver in the time it takes him to empty his, reload and empty it again. That is fast!!!! I would love to have that episode on tape too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts