Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hammer offset for Marlins older than 1957? Does anyone know of an offset commercially available for the older guns? Don't say Micheals as I have already talked with them and they only go back to '57. They base their '57 to '82 offset on a .300 opening and a T cross section. Hammers measure a nominal .282 and up. My older gun measures .262 with a rectangular cross section. Plus it tapers. They tried to see if anything else would fit and didn't come up with one. Appreciate the help, Rick

·
Registered
101 Posts
For my '53 336SC, I took a '57 to '82 Uncle Mike's hammer extension, and had my gunsmith drill and tap, and add a set screw, on the other side that slips onto the hammer. Now It has two set screws, one on either side of the hammer. Works slick, no movement.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Have you checked out the hammer extension from Rossi ? As I recall the part that goes onto the hammer is a box section and doesn't tighten on the same way as the Marlin/NEF does..
See <www.rossiusa.com> they are $6.50...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Guy`s,

I found a hammar spur for a 1894 pre-64 will work for the older Marlins.I had to install it upside down and it works just fine.

Riflemen10x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts