Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
very cool, back in the day the big thing was the CB radio. I was all over it. I never got in the ham radio and I most likely never will, I am happy being "gun poor",,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Very nice.

But when do you have time to shoot? My shack gets the backseat when I can get out to the range.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Brings back memories of my Dad, he was pretty big into HAM radio, even building them himself, kits, etc. He had a wall just covered with unique "radio post cards" sent to him from other HAM operators he had connected with from all over the place. I remember his handle used too, the "Big Lazy Zebra" and a play on his K6BLZ call sign. His card that he sent out, had a cartoon figure of a Zebra behind a desk, rear feet/hooves sitting on top, kicked back in a chair with head-phones on and mic in hand, radios behind, etc. On the side, he also loved/built radio control airplanes, and being a HAM gave him an advantage using frequencies others couldn't at the time; different color ribbons on the controls antenna. Babbling on here, but all fun stuff back then... ha!
Good luck to you, and take care...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts