Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just found this forum.

I'm getting ready for a half marathon on August 28th. This competition is held in my home town every year the last Sunday of August (still winter here and it usually is raining and cold). There are six races the same morning: full marathon, half marathon, 10Km, 5Km, 2Km and 1Km. All families get involved and lots of people come from other parts of the country and the world. Is a big thing here. Last year we had over 5,000 runners in all categories.

In the past I've run the 5K and 10K races several times. My best time was 54 min for 10K, two years ago. This year I'm going for 21K (half marathon). Today I run 21K (13 miles) for the second time in my life (first was six weeks ago) and made 02:02:14 for the distance and felt fine. The last 2.8 miles are a climb of 200 feet in my trainning circuit, so I'm hoping to make under 2 hours in the competition. Wish me luck.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Good luck. My neighbor is a marathoner running a minimum of 8 miles a day. I have talked to her about the difficulties in doing a marathon ... it's not for me unless I'm driving my truck ::) :D.

What altitude will you be running at?

bjm

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
bigjeepman said:
Good luck. My neighbor is a marathoner running a minimum of 8 miles a day. I have talked to her about the difficulties in doing a marathon ... it's not for me unless I'm driving my truck ::) :D.

What altitude will you be running at?

bjm
Running past the bathroom would give me a BAD altitude... 8)

Good luck K...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts