Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
That's a really good deal, on the Marlin. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a 32-20 companion handgun myself, and would love it to be a Ruger, but that's too high in my book. I keep thinking I'll stumble across an old pawn shop S&W that's been there forever, and I can snag it for cheap money. No look so far, but I hope you do better!

What year is the Marlin? I think mines a 2005, but I'l be danged if I can remember if it's a smooth stock or not, and I don't think it's a Texan either. (but I could be wrong)

That's gonna bug me, until I go look now. :hmmmm2: CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Super Moderator
24,053 Posts
I bought a 1990 1894CL 32-20 for the wife a few years back. Its one of her favorite rifles and will be yours too! Congrats!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's a really good deal, on the Marlin. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a 32-20 companion handgun myself, and would love it to be a Ruger, but that's too high in my book. I keep thinking I'll stumble across an old pawn shop S&W that's been there forever, and I can snag it for cheap money. No look so far, but I hope you do better!

What year is the Marlin? I think mines a 2005, but I'l be danged if I can remember if it's a smooth stock or not, and I don't think it's a Texan either. (but I could be wrong)

That's gonna bug me, until I go look now. :hmmmm2: CONGRATULATIONS!
If I read the serial number correct it is a 1988 model. The ruger is starting to eat at me a little, might have to go back and throw a number at them.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Don't know why but I picked this up a couple of hours ago. I guess I'm officially hyphenated, 32-20, price was right $500.00 + taxes otd. The gun store where I purchased it at also had a Ruger Blackhawk in 32-20 probably brought in as a package with the rifle. It was priced $200.00 higher than the Marlin, may go back later and see if they will come down some, it would be fun to have a revolver to pair up with this rifle. Will need to
pick up dies and components to feed it, probably a mold as well. View attachment 797989

PN,

A cast gas check bullet or hard cast PBB over around 15 - 15.5 gr of AA-1680 will be you new pet load in the rifle. Not saying, just say'n.

Best 32-20 load data I have found, see attached. Rifle and Pistol guidance from antique to modern in one place.

32-20 WCF

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Very nice ! At that price it would have been a crime to not buy it. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Pig Ninja

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congratulations looks nice!:star:

Reactions: Pig Ninja
21 - 27 of 27 Posts