Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know why but I picked this up a couple of hours ago. I guess I'm officially hyphenated, 32-20, price was right $500.00 + taxes otd. The gun store where I purchased it at also had a Ruger Blackhawk in 32-20 probably brought in as a package with the rifle. It was priced $200.00 higher than the Marlin, may go back later and see if they will come down some, it would be fun to have a revolver to pair up with this rifle. Will need to
pick up dies and components to feed it, probably a mold as well. 20200324_153613.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Congrats on a great rifle at a good price!

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Blackhawk may handle it, but I had a 32-20 rifle that I couldn't help using at its most useful spec, and that was WAY above what my handgun could shoot. Of course my 32-20 handgun was a Colr Police Positive, about as light a 32-20 as there is, but comparing recommended loads for pistol and rifle in several handbooks I decided that there was no load that would satisfactorily work in both, even if I upgraded my handgun to something much heftier. No reason to have both rifle (or carbine) and revolver in the same caliber if you're afraid of mixing the rounds and ruining one or the other. Might wanta research this before you jump in.
windy

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Why can't I ever find rifles like that? That's a great catch. All I see these days are tupperware rifles in "popular" calibers. I'd have to get the Ruger! Go back and make an offer, but be prepared to walk away. With things the way they are these days, they might jump on it. You can crank up the speed on that rifle compared to the old originals, and shoot some heavier cast bullets.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice rifle and an excellent buy! Just saw where a local listing sold for $800! I was too late to the party on that one-watched it for a couple of weeks and it sold! I actually thought that was a good deal since I've seen them go higher in the region if they're NIB. I always thought it would be nice to have one paired with a convertible Blackhawk but the Blackhawk price seems high. Good luck!

·
Registered
838 Posts
By the way, PN, I bought a bunch of those 100gr Remington bullets that everybody seemed to worship; paid too much for 'em, I'm sure, but I picked up a thousand in bulk quite a while after they went out of production. Still got several hundred of 'em left, if you want to try them. I shoot 86's out of my Colt, now; sold the rifle.
windy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts