Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took out both my XLRs today--first time in almost a year. My 444XLR was spot on at 50 yards/100 yards--easily pulverizing orange clay birds placed out on the berms. My 35 Rem 336XLR had to be adjusted upward 3 inches---my grandson had adjusted the scope downward during a range session last June and I had forgotten to set it back. After I got that fixed--it also pulverized the clay pigeons as well. These rifles vaporized those birds even when they were double stacked.

·
Super Moderator
4,740 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: 10acres

·
Administrator
28,125 Posts
Jay, those are seriously nice Marlins you got there. Apparently accurate shooters to boot. I sure hope Ruger produces SS Marlins, at a reasonable price.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jay, those are seriously nice Marlins you got there. Apparently accurate shooters to boot. I sure hope Ruger produces SS Marlins, at a reasonable price.

Jack
I sure hope so too, Jack! I am hoping Ruger will eventually bring out all the different versions that the JM factory produced--and maybe some new variants!

·
Registered
399 Posts
@JACKTW & @Ret_Eng , I sure hope Ruger brings back the XLR series! I wasn’t in a good position when Marlin first released them and then when Remington took over, I was actually kind of glad they didn’t tarnish theses models with their lax quality control.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@JACKTW & @Ret_Eng , I sure hope Ruger brings back the XLR series! I wasn’t in a good position when Marlin first released them and then when Remington took over, I was actually kind of glad they didn’t tarnish theses models with their lax quality control.
Remlin did make some 30-30 336XLRs for awhile--probably from some JM and Remlin parts. After the bad experience I had with a Remlin 308MX--never wanted to buy another Remlin rifle.

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking Marlin! I am sticking with the laminate--makes the rifle somewhat more weather resistant.

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts
Glad you got some good range time Jay. Nice looking rifles!

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you got some good range time Jay. Nice looking rifles!
Thanks Todd! Have you been able to do any load development on the Marlin Mod 62 or has the weather been too bad?

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts
Thanks Todd! Have you been able to do any load development on the Marlin Mod 62 or has the weather been too bad?
We had snow a few days ago, 4-6", and it's been cold and windy with 20+ mph winds, so I haven't had any cooperation from mother nature yet. I've got a long list of rifles that I have to do some good detailed load development for, with my chronograph, so I'm hoping for a very productive summer with lots of quality range time.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We had snow a few days ago, 4-6", and it's been cold and windy with 20+ mph winds, so I haven't had any cooperation from mother nature yet. I've got a long list of rifles that I have to do some good detailed load development for, with my chronograph, so I'm hoping for a very productive summer with lots of quality range time.
Sounds like a good plan there, Todd!

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Yes it took a little sanding to fit the stock. Sadly I sold the rifle with the original stock and forearm but he didn’t want the stock set or the sight.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I’ve always liked the way the XLR’s looked!
You have some really nice looking ones!

I think I might acquire one in the future.

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wish they still made the XLR in 444. Such a fine looking rifle.
Yes it is and very accurate with a quasi-Superformance load of H4198 and a 265 gr Hornady Interlock FP.

Reactions: Travis 186

·
Registered
310 Posts
Man, those are a couple of beautiful rifles!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts