Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D
I'm buying a 1997 .45/70 Whitetails Unlimited version. I heard this model actually has a real walnut stock and forend. Does anyone know if that's true? Or, is it just "walnut stained" hardwood?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Don't know for sure, it may or may not be, they call all of the stocks walnut, but only some are, most are just walnut stained hardwood. The Buffalo Classic and Target are walnut as well as the Topper Deluxe shotguns. FYI, H&R won't fit any high pressure barrels to frames older than '99 if that was in your plans... Post your question on the Graybreard Outdoors NEF/H&R forum, it's the biggest group of NEF/H&R shooters on the net, lots of old timers from the Old Marlin/NEF board there...

Tim

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=126&sid=8e4ecf6ae5f18aeb3ee13e7549e09732

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walnut Stock

:shock:
I got my answer! The seller emailed me a close up digital photo. It's an actual walnut stock, both the stock and forend are also checkered. It has the white spacer and big thick buttpad too.

On the right side of the stock is a metal medallion that says "Whitetails Unlimited" with the deer head logo. It was a special version H&R produced in 1997.

Also, thanks for the graybeards link. I plan on joining.

Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts