Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

My name is Rick, I'm 19 and I own an H&R Tracker II 12ga Fully Rifled (Single Shot/Break Action) Shotgun.
(^ My Intro ^)

Tamer:

I am looking into buying another H&R and more specifically want another Single Shot/Break Action. I also am looking at it being
a Smooth Bore and 20 gauge. Currently the only one that is half decent looking is the H&R Tamer 20ga. However, I will be taking
this gun hunting with me, and I do not think that the firearm has Sling Swivel Studs. This will be a major deciding factor, as I
MUST be able to throw it over my shoulder.

Can anyone give me their view of the gun and whether it DOES or DOES NOT have the studs? Thanks!

Rick

·
Registered
20,684 Posts
First of all, welcome to MO! Great bunch of guys/gals on here with an amazing amount of knowledge and the willingness to help. As for the Tamer, it doesn't look like any studs are attached . http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/tamer.asp but thats an easy enough fix for a couple of dollars. Nice lookin shotgun by the way!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

I had noticed that in the picture it dosen't show studs, but I was hoping it was one of those "This Picture May Not Match The Product Discribed" situations... How would I go about fixing that? (purchase a new stock and forend? )

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome to Marlin owners ;D
You can install the studs on your shotgun yourself. Studs do not cost that much and with a little patience you can do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Tamer 20 was/is my first H&R. I got one a couple of months ago when they went on clearance at the local Academy. I looked at two; one was a loose goose with a bad looking finish, the other locked up real tight and had a nice finish (obviously I took the second one). I think you'll be happy with it. Now I need to get one in .410 for my son though.

Anyway, I imagine you could just screw some cheap studs in the stocks and maybe add a little epoxy or something similar if you want to be cautious. I haven't needed a sling yet, but I'll probably just rig something through the pistol grip.

Regards.......Pachucko

·
Registered
629 Posts
Itsricmo,

Have you looked into using the additional barrel program and just get a 20 ga bbl for your 12ga?

CD

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Tamer 20 was/is my first H&R. I got one a couple of months ago when they went on clearance at the local Academy. I looked at two; one was a loose goose with a bad looking finish, the other locked up real tight and had a nice finish (obviously I took the second one). I think you'll be happy with it. Now I need to get one in .410 for my son though.

Anyway, I imagine you could just screw some cheap studs in the stocks and maybe add a little epoxy or something similar if you want to be cautious. I haven't needed a sling yet, but I'll probably just rig something through the pistol grip.

Regards.......Pachucko

Think about an adapter for that 20ga , to shoot 410's in it. Then when your son is bigger you don't need another barrel.
see: http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/h-r-nef-shotguns/118016-shotgun-adaptors.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts