Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to buy a single shot 28 gauge H&R today. Decent shape but appeared to be some pitting here and there in the barrel. Did'nt have a light to see so it could have been dust/dirt also. Gun has'nt been fired in many years and appears to be in good + condition for it's age. Guy wanted $200 for it which was more than I wanted to put in to it. Only interest to me is it is 28 gauge and would be a cheap way to add that to my collection and an excuse to buy more ammo.
Thoughts on value????

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Local WalMart has new H&R Pardner 12 and 20 gauges on the shelf for $170. Doubt the 28 gauge would be any different in price if ordered.

·
Super Moderator
15,864 Posts
Gohon said:
Local WalMart has new H&R Pardner 12 and 20 gauges on the shelf for $170. Doubt the 28 gauge would be any different in price if ordered.
H&R® and NEF® have not made 16ga and 28 ga Shotguns since 2008.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,864 Posts
Thanks Tim, I was about to point that out. Anyone, please call H&R®/NEF® at (866) 776-9292 and you will see that they DO NOT make 16ga and 28ga shotguns any more. Additionally they don't have any barrels in those gauges.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
If they are still many in dealer inventories, it doesn't matter if they are out of production or not now does it. Like I said before, one can be bought new in the box cheaper than a used one with pitting in the barrel. All you have to do is have your dealer or someone like WalMart call their supplier to see if they have them in their warehouse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts