Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the H & R muzzle loader? It looks just like a regular H & R rifle except it has a ram rod. I believe it shots three 50 grain pellets and uses 209 primers.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I've got one but haven't shot it yet. Wonder if anyone knows of the best scope mount for it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry I will be of no help I have one of the old .58 cal huntsman's they still used the #11 cap and black pwder. I shoot 70gr of 2FG with a .575 round ball same as I shot back in 1977.

Maybe someday I will buy one of the more modern ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The best scope mount for it is the regular or Ultra H&R scope rail they make for all Handi rifles and Sportsters, it fits perfect, works great...and it come with the proper screws....<><.... :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Leupold Rifleman Scope Rings #55870 are the best I've found for mounting your scope on any H&R guns. They are high enough to allow you to avoid the use of the "hammer spur" if you so choose, but not so high that they are uncomfortable to use. I have a set on my Huntsman with the non-Monte Carlo stock and find it as easy to aquire a target with it as with the same rings used on the Monte Carlo stocked rifles. The Scope Rails that are offered by H&R are strong, and dependable and are reasonably priced also. Much more stronger than the Weavers that fit the guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts