Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this (older, used) 4 inch heavy barrelled model for a while now and can't make up my mind. Have not been able to find a whole lot of information, either. This one has a few dents & dings on the metal (frame, trigger guard, bottom of grip). Seller admits he has dropped it a few times. Has some slight rusting on the frame, hammer, trigger. Sights appear to be undamaged. I don't have a particularly large hand but it feels small to me (little finger hangs off). I admit that I am not an experienced .22 cal revolver shooter, but I did poorly on the range: 25yds, consistent 10 inch groups, total of 200 rounds, supported/un-supported. Trigger was very stiff, but that's still terrible for a heavy barrelled target handgun, don't you think? Used only the Rem promo ammo for this trial. Was surprised at how much dirtier this ammo was compared to the same ammo in my rifles. But I'd guess that this should be expected.

Questions: Is the fit/feel so unusual or detrimental to accuracy? (It would seem that only a small hand would really "fit" this gun). Accuracy in this test - is it so bad for a beginner? How about reliability? What would be a fair price for this gun (private sale)? And please tell me of your experience with this model.

Thank you for your help. This is a great site - always very informative. 1st time writer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
only experience I have with one of those is popping a few cans with my Aunt's gun. Accurate enuff to hit Bud cans at about 20-30ft. She carries it with Stingers in everyother chamber, shotshells in between. I guess she's had for about 15-20 years or so.

...may not be exact model you have. I do know its an H&R 9shot, with about a 3" or 4" barrel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts