Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
You have to remember that he needs to buy low enough to sell it at a profit and you are thinking retail replacement price.

You might be able to do better taking it to a gun show or an individual sale, but the price range for used ones is $75-150 most places.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I gave $89 OTD for mine and regularly see them for not more than $125 so his offer seems about right.

·
Super Moderator
14,106 Posts
That is a good looking 410 but to sell it to a dealer you get wholesale so he gave you a fair offer I think. You would be better to keep it as they come in handy for snakes and varmints. If you pass through N central Florida look me up I will give you $175.00 for it.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Dealer has to profit, that gun would bring $175-$200 at most shows. There is no good SS on the market, 410 are in big demand and
you would have no trouble selling it. I sold one recently, good shape but cheaper model for $150. Shelf Shelving Bookcase Furniture Library

Attachments

·
Registered
Marlin 70 HC
27 Posts
That’s a twin to mine. Plastic trigger guard. Takes down very quickly. The original H and R recoil pad on mine is hard as a rock. It’s useless functionality wise so I’m going to change it to make it a bit more comfortable for my son.
These were a very low cost, no frills shot gun. There’s no safety, you have to manually cock the hammer to fire it.
His offer for yours is reasonable for what the value of the gun is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts