Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this model fits into this area of the forums.

I just came into possession of this pump shotgun. Since H&R was owned by Marlin until Remington purchased Marlin, can anyone lend some info on it?

Apparently this model was made between 68-73. But I find little other info on it. I found only one 20 gauge on an auction site, so I don't know if it's because they are very much sought after (unlikely) or they just are not worth anything.

It is in great condition and seems like it was not shot much. It has a 28" modified barrel and can fire 3" shells.

Is there anything to look for regarding safety issues or other issues to look for?

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
I'm pretty sure that model was subed out to Manufrance. They made similar gun under several different trade marks and store brands.
You can find some information in Numerich Arms cross reference. Kodiak, Hawthorn, Colt are a few off the top of my head. Running gears basically same with cosmetic differences. They made Marlin pump before 120 series. Same company made semi 22 rifles sold under same customers trade names.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did confirm it was made in France based on the stamp on the bottom of the receiver.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
I've not had a H&R but have had the same gun store branded. I have seen several over the years but don't recall ever seeing 20g. I think the store branded models were regional and most in NW states. Our LGS did have H&Rs and Colts. He also had Colt Stage Coach 22s that were made by Manufrance. I would grade them good as any pump on the market at the time with exception of Ithaca 37 that was still a milled gun. I only know of one bought new by a buddy of mine's dad and he used it for small game for years with no problem and he was a avid hunter that shot a lot of shells. I think he bought it because of Colt name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts