·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you gents have one with the 24" barrel? reflex264

·
Registered
903 Posts

I do. Had it forever and had it's older cousin before that. I like it. It's a good shooter and it has REAL rifling as opposed to that "scratches in the bore" stuff they're using now.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I killed my first deer with one nearly 30 years ago. Bought it new for 85.00 at Judges. I would like to find another one. Does your cleaning rod still work good? reflex264

·
Registered
903 Posts

Nope, I took the rod off after damn near shooting it down range several times.......it just would'nt stay put due to recoil. I changed to the schnable fore end a long time ago.
I had a B/C barrel fitted to a newer NEF frame and then refitted it to the Shikari frame and made a "Franken Classic" with a great trigger (no transfer bar). I also inletted the stock wrist and added a long range vernier sight. Works very well.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've got one in .44 mag..complete and almost like new..it has gotten deer also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have two of them, but they are both 28". Bought the first for $88 loong time ago and the other just recently. Really wanted the 44mag, but don't see those too often. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Guess I’ve had mine just a bit longer, paid $75.00 for it at the drug store. Is 28” barrel and have had no problems with the rod, still use it.
That gun fits just right, but I don’t like the new stocks on the NEF so good thing I’m happy with my old H&R & 45/70.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts