·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also looking for another "B" Lyman tang sight. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You dog! You didn't say it was a cased set! Complete with accessories too! Very nice find Moddyholler!
What's the B tang sight for, your Ballard?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For this Hopkins and Allen!! Ballard has one on it. Sure wish someone would start reproducing them as nice as the old ones. Knight, I am a lowly electrical engineer/ designer who spends all his extra cash for this old junk. MM93 the hepburn barrel is gone plus some other old muzzleloading guns and I am still in arears on this one. I almost had enough cash to order my CPA stevens but will have to wait another three months!! moodyholler

·
Registered
110 Posts
Somebody's living right........multiple barrel sets are hard to find, factory cased sets are very, very hard to find and multiple barrel, factory cased sets with all of the reloading tools are almost impossible to find. I would say you pulled that lever and hit the jackpot. Pretty set!!!!

Being "somewhat" of a fan of old reloading tools, sure would like to see some pictures of the tools. They look quite interesting.

I have a real interest in the 44 XL cartridge, so can give you some tidbits......Ideal Manufacturing made a tool specifically for this cartridge called the #7. Rare as hens teeth as not many were made. Here's a pic...

If you have an interest in some of the longer 44 XL reloadable cases (1-5/8" long), drop me a line and I'll give you a source. It's a fun little cartridge, kind of a short 410.

Congrats on your find, always nice to see someone come up with these beauties.....and who needs food anyway. :D :shock:

max

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Moodyholler,
Not sure if I have a "B" marked tang sight, but I may have one for a 1894, or likewise that would work just fine on a H&A. Let me check, a see what I have, or what I feel I can part with! I'd sure like to see one on your gun.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max, that is mighty nice!! I just picked up a No. 4 in the box for 38 s&w. It was supposed to be 38-40 but what the heck. I have an extra in 38 S&W if anyone needs it. Will trade for some other caliber(25-20 or 32-20?)! I just got a nice one in 30-30 with an extra die of some kind. Sure wish there was some place to read up on loading tools. MM93, That'll be nice. Thanks for looking. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Moodyholler,
There are afew good books on loading tools. Try Gerald Kelvars book, Reloading Tools, Sights and Telescopes for Single Shot Rifles. Or try, The Breech-Loading Single Shot Rifle, by Maj. Ned Roberts, and ken Waters.
Both have some great info on loadingtools, and decent pictures too.
I have a Marlin marked Ideal #6, .25-36 tool, in the box. I tried to concentrate on Marlin marked Ideal tools, but there's too many other neat tools , and I can't pass up an interesting one, if I have the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts