Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not able to get a lot of advice near me (sort of like… 'we sell this green one & that dusty scratched one, like it or leave it) & have confused myself a bit with over reading online. Im not in the US. Im not into scopes at all & it would not be had to get Picatinny/weaver stuff confused.

Will this mount & rings work on my 1895 ? (scope is 30mm tube)

Mount

EGW Marlin Picatinny Rail Scope Mount - 0 MOA 47100. Evolution Gun Works Tactical Rails.

Rings (i was getting low ones as scope is 32mm objective)

Millett 30mm Tactical Rings, Matte FREE S&H DT00715, DT00713, DT00714. Millett Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

Tks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have my own opinions on Picatinny rail mounts. First I think the xs picatinny rail mount looks to be the most effective and would be great (necessary) with a scout scope with long eye relief.

The shorter picatinny rails look "cool" but in actuality a standard scope mount places a regular scope in the proper position a standard base is what I have used in the past and is what I intend to use in the future (cheaper too) Leupold 1-Piece Rifleman Scope Base Weaver-Style Marlin 36 336 444 I have never had a problem with this base. Even if it was a picatinny rail the scope would be mounted in the same spot.

The low rings might work fine but depending on the scope length you might have too see where your standard rear sight comes into play. I have completely removed mine.....

Hmmmm 30mm tube scope.... which one? I am in "scope selection HELL" myself right now and the shopping is driving me NUTS!

Reactions: graymustang

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
What continues to crack me up is folks scoping 45/70s. Without mildots, you can range the rainbow trajectory...

With mildots you run out of scope at 6-700 yards.

you want a zero MOA mount and very low rings, and mildots

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
It looks like the base will fit the gun and the rings will fit the scope. The only problem might be if the (low) rings are high enough to keep the scope from touching the gun. The medium rings will definitely keep the scope high enough. Somewhere on the ring dimension it will tell the height to the bottom of the scope tube. I've never used the Millet rings but they're supposed to be good. Basically you buy the base that is made for your gun and rings the proper size for the scope and that fit the style base you bought. I hope I haven't confused you more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like the base will fit the gun and the rings will fit the scope. The only problem might be if the (low) rings are high enough to keep the scope from touching the gun. The medium rings will definitely keep the scope high enough. Somewhere on the ring dimension it will tell the height to the bottom of the scope tube. I've never used the Millet rings but they're supposed to be good. Basically you buy the base that is made for your gun and rings the proper size for the scope and that fit the style base you bought. I hope I haven't confused you more.
I was thinking about the height. I may just buy both, sure way to get the outcome. Tks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have my own opinions on Picatinny rail mounts. First I think the xs picatinny rail mount looks to be the most effective and would be great (necessary) with a scout scope with long eye relief.

The shorter picatinny rails look "cool" but in actuality a standard scope mount places a regular scope

Hmmmm 30mm tube scope.... which one? I am in "scope selection HELL" myself right now and the shopping is driving me NUTS!
I actually want the DNZ in a single rail but I can only see that they do not make them in 30mm...please feel free to advise me of a good choice similar to DNZ. I don't care what it costs. I'm limited to Optical Planet as they readily post OS.

Yeah scope hell, I've been there for 2 weeks as if I have recently lost a lot of sight. I wanted a small illuminated and chose the Weaver 1.5-6x32 (not the silly zombie one) it's not over the top in size. If I does not hold up I will buy something else so I'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have the XS scout scope rail system (and have no real alternative except to scope because the trifocal lenses just....) with 30 mm Leupold scopes. Any 30 mm ring set up will work and there are many good options there. We use Leupold Quick Release rings for the scout scope. I just mounted a Conetrol custom ring/base set up for my 39A, but I don't think Optics Planet sells those.

Reactions: carlbrosnan

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Weaver bases and the picatinny base, both accept weaver style rings, if that is what your asking. The issue of the ring height providing adequate scope clearance needs to be sorted out, if the correct chart cannot be found, Millet would probably answer an e-mail on this. The Marlin hammer extension is usefull especially when the scope is set close to the hammer. Millet are good rings, have several different styles of them in use, on Weaver bases, never had a complaint.

Your proposed set up is hardcore, and nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: carlbrosnan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.