Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a sad state of affairs that the 2 gunsmiths I have contacted in Central Illinois cannot do barrel shortening work on my 336! One guy only works on pistols and shotguns and one shop which has its own website listing the numerous things they can do, seems to think cutting 3.75 inches from a barrel, recrowning it, tapping holes for the repositioned sight, drilling a groove for the new barrel band location, and reattaching everything is too difficult of work!

Anyone know of good gunsmiths in Illinois that have worked on Marlins? Someone mentioned McGowen Gunsmithing which is in St. Anne by Kankakee. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I know a guy right on the Wisconsin border. I know he focuses on SASS or CAS related work. He goes by the name Huckleberry, his number is 1-815-675-2566.

Matt

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I had my wildcat Marlin .250 Banshee built by McGowen. He does very nice work at very reasonable prices. I can recommend him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.