Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith who knows Marlins to help properly fit a large loop lever I bought for my Marlin 336?

I bought it from Sportsmansguide for $75(?) and it just will not fit properly. It did state that some gunsmithing and fitting may be required.

Can anyone help me with this or recommend someone?

Thank you.

PS- I want to keep both levers.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
It may help to know where you live ???

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
We have other members from up that way. so hopefully they will chime in.. If you have the original , you should be able to use a dremel and make it work.. But I never did it...

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Ridge Runner,

I bought one of those a while back and they do indeed need some minor fitting to work just as Gunjunkie stated above. Be patient and fit it to your rifle. Each time you take a little metal off be sure and mark the shiny spot with a Magic Marker so you can really tell where the rubbing is happening. A little at a time will do ya. You will become really adept at pulling that lever out and reinstalling in no time. :lol:

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I never did this myself but think if you have the original it shouldn't be hard. I'd be careful with the vtop of the hook tho. Thats what pushes the bolt block up to align the firing pin halves. Other than that I'd think it would be easy enuff.
If it really makes you nervous any smith should be able to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts