Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really have to get control of this need to buys Marlins, 4 in 4 months is too many for a guy with only a p/t job.
Luckily I have a understanding wife and other rifles to sell to finance.
Picked up this clean 1981 39a today at a gunshow, paid more than I wanted to at $675 otd, but with a swap I have $515 in it.
Perfect real nice walnut, 95% blue, 2 light scratches on right side of rcvr.
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Shotgun

What a amazing little action, very dry inside after taking it down, from the crud under the t/d screw it hadn't been apart in years.

Being in PA I'll see one next week for $400, 2 others at the show, a 39as for $700 and a deluxe for $775.
Like the plain wood much better.
Did they come with sling swivel mounts installed in 1981?

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Harrisburg. Good show for Marlins. Sears model 45, a 336 store brand for $325. Saw a .410 Marlin, one nice 32 special waffle top. Lots of 336’s. Couple of 1895’s. A 444. And a brand new 1894c! As I was buying the 39 a guy was telling the dealer about a 1950 336 he had in the truck which wouldn’t work, asked if he’d be interested. I should have followed him out and looked at it.

·
Banned
3,320 Posts
Another great score. 39a's will never again be manufactured and they are truly one of the finest most reliable 22 rifles ever produced. I ate fresh garden eating rabbit all last month thanks to lead poinsoning from my trusty 39. In a pawn shop in rural appilachia I saw two of them last week both priced at $650.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Reading this thread prompted me to go to the safe and check out my 1980 Marlin 39A for the swivels and yep they're on it so I guess Marlin put them on the 1980 also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a chance many years ago to get me one of these from a old friend but passed it up! Now that I have the "addiction" I'm on the lookout for one and wont let that mistake happen again!

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Very nice, you did good.:love:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well I guess I'm gonna have to crack the safe and see if my dads 1953 ballard rifled 39a has the swivels installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.