Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone might be able to give me direction on the best method of obtaining accurate values and selling a number of guns, some likely to be of higher value. I have been researching the values through the blue book but find it rather difficult to identify the some of the models. The collection contains both cartridge and black powder as well as reloading equipment and cartridges. What specifically drew me to this site was looking for values on Marlin Marlin 39A .22 cal and Marlin 336 C 30-30.

My father in law spent many years collecting, restoring and selling at gun shows and passed on select pieces to my husband. Both have passed away and my interest is to save the best our kids for when they grow up both for future value and function and sell the remaining.

If anyone know value on the 39A or 336 it would be appreciated as well as any suggestion on best method of handling sale on the remaining.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Look at the on-line gun auctions,gunbroker.com auctionarms.com ect.See what folks are getting (not asking) for guns similar to yours.
I have been selling off my collection as money needs demand for a few years now (6-7 a year) mostly at auction on Gunbroker and have met or exceeded what I'd ask face to face.

Read up on gun laws,shipping ect.at the auction site and the BATF site.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
If those are older Marlins, they'll only go up in value. Remington sure don't make 'em like Marlin did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts