Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanenmacher Gun Show "World's Largest" April 3 & 4, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
2800 tables.

See you there.

DG :)

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Don't buy up all the Stevens single shots! :wink: Good hunting!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's for sure. Smoke has a a bad habit a finding those Stevens. :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
Stevens? I would'nt mind finding a nice 87A or Savage 6A. Not looking for any single shots though. I'll be there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be there, too. My son will be looking for a new 1894SS and I'll just be lookin'. :) Actually, I'll be looking for a few goodies. Mostly reloading supplies. I'd like to get some stuff for the 500S&W I have on back order.
Rich

·
Registered
932 Posts
Tulsa gun show was great. I didn't get any guns, but I did slobber over a few. Smoke If you saw an old man with a grey hat with blue bill and masonic symbol on it, that was me. I didn't make it through the whole show. Walking on that concrete floor is too much for me. I had a cell phone, but it wouldn't work in there. Try to make it to the shawnee hunt.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sarge

I got there about 8:30 and left about 1:00. My feet and hips hurt so bad I wasn't sure I was going to make to to the car. The only thing I bought was a spotting scope. Saw a bunch of neat rifles but no good deals that I could afford. If the phone rang, I hurt so bad I didn't hear it.

DG :(

Sarge said:
Tulsa gun show was great. I didn't get any guns, but I did slobber over a few. Smoke If you saw an old man with a grey hat with blue bill and masonic symbol on it, that was me. I didn't make it through the whole show. Walking on that concrete floor is too much for me. I had a cell phone, but it wouldn't work in there. Try to make it to the shawnee hunt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sent a scout for me to the show.....20,000 folks shoulder to shoulder I hear. Prices out of sight too. I was looking for a couple 510 Rems to make like new and use for gifts but they were going for 300.00.....I figure with all the people, some dealers figured they could ask terrible prices and eventually sell them for that. Two years ago I bought two for 190.00 for both. I refuse to think that they went up that much in so little time. I might give 300.00 for one NIB, but not for one in 80% cond. Had I closed up shop to go and then found that situation, I would have been dealing with great consternation........

www.martincustom.com

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xxring

It's probabaly a good thing you saved the (1.60 a gallon gas and toll).

There were a tremendous number of guns, but the prices being asked were ridiculous. An example is I looked at a Stevens 44 in pretty good condition and the guy asked $1100.00 and wouldn't even listen to a counter offer. My worst condition Armory was in better condition than his. I can't help but wonder what he woulld ask for the one I have that is vitually Mint.

The Stange thing is, I started noticing that nobody was buying anything. People just milling around, but no money changing hands, I saw a few deals bing made between "Lookers", but very few between lookers and dealers, in fact I don't remember seeing a rifle or pistol being actually bought.

Maybe, I just got tired and missed all the "Action"

Just my .02 Cents

DG
xxring said:
I sent a scout for me to the show.....20,000 folks shoulder to shoulder I hear. Prices out of sight too. I was looking for a couple 510 Rems to make like new and use for gifts but they were going for 300.00.....I figure with all the people, some dealers figured they could ask terrible prices and eventually sell them for that. Two years ago I bought two for 190.00 for both. I refuse to think that they went up that much in so little time. I might give 300.00 for one NIB, but not for one in 80% cond. Had I closed up shop to go and then found that situation, I would have been dealing with great consternation........

www.martincustom.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
Prices seemed out of sight this year for sure. We got there at 0730 and stood in line for a bit over half an hour to be held up even longer for them to get our zip codes. Left at 1300. The arthritis just doesn't allow for much more time on that concrete floor.

I ended up buying 500 of LeadHeads .501 440 grain GC bullets for the .500S&W. Also snatched up a case of 1,000 Portugese 7.62 Nato ammo. Couple thousand Winchester rifle and pistol primers.

If you wanted a new Ruger revolver it was certainly the day and place to find them. Not a single Marlin 1894SS to be found. Did see one 1894PG for $460 -- $65 more than Wally World. There was one Brown Model 92 .44 for $500 which is $100 more than last year. Saw one used Marlin 1894CP for $500 -- guess it was that $20 Tasco scope on top that raised the value so much. :roll:

The buffet lunch in the cafeteria was pretty decent, though.

I just wish they would take the flea market folks and put them in a section to themselves and leave the guns, ammo, reloading stuff in another section. It would also be nice to have manufacturers reps at the show, too.
Rich

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sounds like us old farts just can't take it anymore! I'm still not 100% from the ordeal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It was still fun.....

I thought the gun whow was great, got there about 9:00 AM & left around 4:00 PM. I ended up walking out with a Kimber Team Match, a Buck Knife and some ammo. This show is infamous around town for not having the best prices....but it is the biggest and my wife and our 3 boyz enjoy gawking. You save a few percent on sales tax.......the only way to make out is to know a dealer that's going to be at the show, prearrange a price, then purchase at the show to dodge Tulsa's ridiculously high sales tax.

I sure wish a manufacturer (HINT HINT HINT MR. MARLIN MAN HINT HINT HINT) would set up a display. I didn't make the entire show, but Midsouth and Gunbroker were there....did anyone see Natchez at the show?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I honestly don't know why I go to it. I have to drive 3 hrs to get there, park a mile away and then kill myself on that concrete floor, then leave with nothing for another 3 hr drive home. I actually enjoy the smaller shows better and see better deals at them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts