Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up another 37 at the show today. I also saw a 39 with HS prefix and about 85% bluing and cc. There was also a 336 straight stocked carbine with rounded lever, matte top not drilled for scope, and in 35 Rem for 350.00. I think it was the oddest little marlin I have ran across. I should have bought it. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sounds like you see a lot of unique Marlins at your shows. That 336 sounds interesting. I've seen a few late model '93's with a rounded, rather than square lever. What were they asking on the 39 HS prefix? Those seem to get big bucks around here, even a little worn.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would rate it at 80-85% with great figuire in the buttstock. Asking 750 and dropped price quick! I am supposed to see it again Friday and will try to buy it at the time. I currently have a s preifix with Lyman #2 tang, ivory bead, and shallow v rear. I want to replace it with this rifle. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
In that condition, if it has good wood, it would have been long gone around my neck of the woods! I've seen them sell for less on rare occasions, but usually they go for more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts