Marlin Firearms Forum banner

gun show just got virus cancelled

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  rifrench 
#1 ·
just got notice the July Knoxville SM knife and gun collectors show is canceled. stuff just started to open back up now everything is getting closed down again

#2 ·
Oh no! The virus is making a surge! Hide, wear a mask, don't go out, social distance! Dammit, you people are going to spread the virus if you do not wear a mask!
Now, for reality.
The virus isn't going to miraculously disappear. It's not going to stop making people sick. The numbers WILL fluctuate across our country, no matter what is done. A virus is only beaten when the host developes antibodies from getting sick with it or being vaccinated against it.
Why hasn't the media reported this fact? Because, the media and certain political elements want to keep the public scared.
People are willing to sacrifice their rights for safety and this safety can only be provided by the state government officials dictating what can happen in their state.
People die of disease every day. My mother is 90 this year. She is very susceptible to this virus and it will probably kill her if she was to contract it. My sister, who she lives with, keeps her safe from contracting it. I visit once a month to make sure they have everything they need. The people that could be seriously ill from this virus, can be taken care of, without shutting down this country and stomping on everyone's rights.
Let the virus run its course, like the flu does every year and let us live our lives. Eventually, all our lives will end one way or another.
Andrew

#4 ·
Do you know how to make yourself immune to the CV-19 virus? Go out and gather in large groups, set fire to homes and businesses, drag down statues, loot stores, and beat/kill innocent bystanders. You WILL NOT contract the deadly disease. On the off chance you think you're infected, Liberal Mayors have made special programs and free testing available for peaceful protesters.

#15 ·
rob you take that test you will feel anything but peaceful, they run a 3 ft swab up your nose, I think it comes out your butt.You will have snot running eyes watering, & I cussed up a blue streak !!!

Reactions: rob42049
#6 ·
This is no longer about a virus. The .Gov has gotten an even bigger taste of the control that they have and are drunk with it. This is ALL about we are the .gov and you WILL do what we say. The worst part is the Sheeples are doing exactly that. We are in trouble.
jk

#7 ·
The Democrats play this virus like a saxaphone because they think they can keep the people scared and cancel the presidential debates and have mail in voting. When I go to the store I wear a mask but if I am in the store 20 minutes I see 20 people come through the font door without a mask, most are young some are middle aged and some are old and not wearing mask its if they think the virus is over and done with. Wear a mask so you don't affect older people if you are young.

#9 ·
I will respectfully disagree with the wearing of a mask to keep others from being infected. If people of any age feel that they are susceptible to this virus, they should be the ones to wear a mask to protect themselves.
The majority of mask wearers, are wearing masks that do zero to filter viruses. They may limit the droplets from a sneeze or cough, but most people don't even wear them properly to prevent that. The nose sticking out, the mask under the entire mouth, etc.
Andrew

#8 ·
Went to the local gun show today. Wasn't near the crowd i had expected after a 4 month hiatus. Prices were high, and attendance was down from the last show I went to in February. Some people wore a mask, most did not. Of the three of us that went together, two of us wore masks and one did not. Guess we'll see how that turns out. We got there early, and there was no line to get in. We were done and ready to leave before attendance started to pick up.

#10 ·
I'm 61, and hardly ever get sick, in the past 30 years I probably haven't missed more than a handful of days because of any sickness.
I haven't worn a mask, I ain't going to wear a mask, if you say I can't come into your business without one, guess what.
I treat them just like the businesses that don't want me and my firearm in there business.
I go somewhere else, and I will Never darken your door ever again.

Like Lawrence says half these dumb@$$, don't even wear the ones they have on correctly.
Sure some will succumb to the virus, just like the yearly flu, but the majority won't even know they came in contact with it.
Some will be sick and get over it just like the flu.

It's all about control, believe it or not.
Please get out and VOTE.

RP

#12 ·
Agree totally. If you don't cover your eyes there is no sense in covering your nose. If the chinese lung herpes germs can reach your nose they can reach your eyes and presto chango.......and Bob's your uncle... Wearing a half mask helps to cut down on you expelling chinese lung herpes germs but does not prevent it.

#11 · (Edited)
My experience at the Show last week and this week was similar. Thought I was going to have to wait in line to get in each one, walked right in, no problem. Crowds were pretty light. Prices around are not bad on stuff though. Pretty normal. We have two more this coming July. As far as I know they are still a go.

I am getting on in years and do not wear a mask, Have not changed my habits alot. Never go to Bars anyway. One bad thing if I got it. Even if I did not croak, but had to be hospitalized, I would be financially devastated. That is the biggest fear to me. If I died I would have to leave the Wife stuck with it all. That would be worse I think.

I personally know our State Legislature representative from here in Columbus just got out of the Hospital after two months. Bad thing is I talked to him about three weeks before he went in. We did not hug though,LOL. I am still fine. I am sure his bill is paid by the tax payers. But mine would not be.

#16 ·
At 71 years old with the three main co morbidity's, I have enough reason not to go to gun shows. Around here you can't get close to the handgun or AR type displays for the thug types. The number of gentlemen types at gun shows has declined. i will just get powder and projectiles from internet vendors. The cost to travel and the meal I used to enjoy on the way home from the show will pay for the hazmat fee and shipping. 'Tis sad, but true how things have turned out in what was meant to our "golden years".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.