Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep your Marlins boys!....only 2 39's at this 50+table show.....good colors and priced accordingly!!!!! NO 81's,93's or 94's~ :?
Also, the savage 99 IS getting rare~I spent a nice morning at this gun show, lots of "black rifles" and gear, some older rifles, and I saw ONLY TWO 99's!.one had the U-G-L-I-E-S-T stocks on it, a "custom" cheek piece thingie. both were marked way up there in the clouds.....saw some nice old weavers..but the fellow travels around to gun shows, and he can keep his $35 weaver b6's! Fleabay is cheeper~ wanted to buy a wenchester 67 in early model wood....but i was saving my money for the stevens 872, that never serfaced!~ the jap rifles at $150 were tempting...and the ONE jap type 99 in paratrooper config!!!!! $1200!
pleasant weather, good group, and had my 71yr old mom with me, she liked the show too! :p
And EVERYTHING there had a twist-tie in it! VERY SAFE SHOW!!!!! and after BEING at a show where a idiot shooting his own hand........i felt better! :?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Grasshopper, you no buy Japanese rifles. They not good like Savage 87's! You get empty wallet from buying velly spendy pointy bullets! Get nice 87 to shoot rittle .22 bullets. You be happy! :D :wink:
Glad you had a good visit with your mom!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Kaintuck, are ya going to Court Days in Mt. Sterling? Probably be the first one I miss in 10-12 years. I always seem to come back with a new toy so my wallet and safe needs a break!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
35 bucks for a Weaver B-6 might not be all that bad.... depending on condition, of course, and turrets.. The 6 X's are seldom seen around here in any variation. Since I refuse to submit credit card info to e-bay, forget that one!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Banned
461 Posts
Hey, KyBlue!

Mount Sterling sounds familiar to me, but not Court Days. Were and when is that? I might have to drive down from Ohio and see what I can get into there. I need a good change of scenery. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Howdy, marlin*man...By all means go to Court Days!!! It is this weekend, Oct 15 - 17. Take the Boonesborough/Winchester exit #95 off of I-75 South and head towards Winchester. At Winchester go East on I-64 and after 15 miles or so you will come to Mt. Sterling. Drive as close to town as you can and you can park for $5 or $6. Walk into the center of town and ask for directions to "gun alley" where the majority of gun vendors are set up. Although prices have risen over the past several years I never fail to find something that is reasonable. One year I bought a Remington .22 and sold it 30 minutes later and made $30 on the deal. Guns, ammo, accessories are everywhere! You can also bring your own firearm(s) to sale or trade. And when you first see it, it is a very unusual sight to see hundreds of folks walking around packing heat. After you have looked things over and the crowd gets hard to negotiate head back to where you came in. At the main intersection in the center of town are alot of food vendors. Look for the Montgomery County Cattleman's Association food booth. They have the best ribeye sandwiches and hamburgers and at reasonable prices. Wash it down with an Ale 8-One (a regionally brewed soft drink) and you're in hog heavan! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts