Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found at the Oaks, PA gun show on Friday. Early version of the .444, in very good condition with perfect internals. Was considering a nice .35 Rem and just happened to look at the other side of the rack and saw the butt stock and immediately knew what it was. While not a bargain at $750 after tax, transfer and nics, im happy to have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Good lookin 444, congrats.

RP

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
That's sweet! I don't think you paid too much at all. You don't find that under every Christmas tree!

Reactions: shawlerbrook

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not everyone can walk into a local pawn shop and find a safe queen JM Marlin for $300!

Thats a beautiful rifle in a classic Marlin caliber. You paid a fair price for sure. Well done and great find.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Very nice ! I found my 444S at the Syracuse gun show about 10 years ago for just under $400.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
Nice! I've never seen a monte carlo stock on a Marlin myself. So you did good.

ca'jun56

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Not all that bad, and you have yourself a nice gun that you may never see a better deal on one!

Reactions: Ttexastom

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a teardown, cleaning and reading these posts, I've gone from happy to elated about buying this one. It's obviously been sitting in a closet for a long time. Bone dry with a dusty bore and glass, it cleaned up and looks like New. I'll be sure to do a range report. Now where did I put that Reloder 7...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That is sweet,congrats!:star::adore:

·
Premium Member
16,409 Posts
Hey C,

Great SCORE!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well, it would have felt better at 550, or more realistically at 650, but I don't have one and would have paid the 750 if that's what it took.

I like the straight stock and would have walked away smiling at the find. You just don't see them that often. Well done.

Reactions: Ttexastom
1 - 19 of 19 Posts