Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the place to post this, but all my Hyphenated friends hang out here and I wanted to share this with you as I'm very excited about this find. It's a 125th Marlin Anniversary Commemorative folding knife made by Camillus in the USA. Brand new in the box. It's all perfect and the box is about 80%. The picture was taken with my smart phone on the console of my truck in the parking lot, but came out pretty good. Click on the picture for a better look.

20140316_141312.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
How is your arm? Do you have to buy new pants?

I figure that you threw your arm back so fast you may have injured it and ripped your pants pocket off trying to get your wallet.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually couldn't believe what I was looking at and it took a minute to process. THEN I ripped my wallet outta my pants! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
I got one off eBay a few years ago, I was the only bidder.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nice find and buy HD. Thanks for sharing. I have never seen a Marlin Knife before. REAL NICE :biggrin:

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
15,420 Posts
Very sharp lookin' knife, congrats

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Way to go Gare! Congratulation! Tell Deb hello from Wyoming. Steve & Cathy

Reactions: HDStreet

·
Registered
920 Posts
Very nice use and enjoy it that is what it was made for. WIDOW

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
WOW great looking knife, a cut above the rest. eh

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wow! Great find! Like many others, I did not know something like that existed. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is really cool. I did not know they even made one. Great find HD!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
that will look good on a barbeque rig!
This from the guy wearing a blue robe, (or not:ahhhhh:) a cowboy hat and boots! Oh, and don't forget the bandaids.:biggrin:
That is a nice knife, don't know as I've seen one, congrats! DP

Reactions: HDStreet and Tomray

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Gare- very nice find , a cool piece of Marlin lore. I wonder if it came as part of a boxed
set with one of the cowboys?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Gare,

That's pretty cool. I'll have to keep my eyes out for one, didn't even know they existed.

B

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
This from the guy wearing a blue robe, (or not:ahhhhh:) a cowboy hat and boots! Oh, and don't forget the bandaids.:biggrin:
That is a nice knife, don't know as I've seen one, congrats! DP
DP,

It may be best for Wet Dog if you don't bring up past events........Most Wives like to try to forget those things.........At least mine does...:flute:

HDStreet
Thats a great find, considering today's gunshow items...........but your job is only 1/2 done!...........That 4 digit number stamped into the bolster corresponds with a Serial Number for a 1895CLTD..........Now, you need to find the rifle!

No worries, I'm on the same quest.........I have the same knife as new in the box, but NO rifle! (of the same #)

Are you planning to use the knife?

Tom

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Tom-

It's number is 6401 if I remember correctly. It would be nice to have the rifle to match, but I'm sure it would cost a little more than the knife did. And as the others on this thread, I didn't know Marlin had these issued and it's the first I've ever seen. I've searched ebay for Marlin knifes in the past, but always found fishing knives and the sort. This one will go into the gun safe with the other collectables. The only use it will get will be a slobber target!

Gare

Reactions: dpe.ahoy and Tomray
1 - 20 of 28 Posts