Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a little Gun show this weekend and picked this up, at least 95% looks to have had few rds through it. $700 bucks. IMG_8004.JPG IMG_8005.JPG IMG_8006.JPG

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That is Awesome The wood is Awesome The 24 inch barrel The Price WoW
I am jealous I Think the Cowboys are the best.

Reactions: bigjeepman

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
You stole that. It went for more than that brand new and I've seen plenty of those go for over a grand on gunbroker over the past few years.

Congrats on your find and score!

BTW, that is a JM stamped Marlin, right? Not a remlin :questionmark:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
You did well...in fact you would found the holy grail of 1894 cowboys. Nice piece of lumber on that .44.

Chocdog

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Score!! Way to go!!

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey DC,

Great score!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
498 Posts
You did well...in fact you would found the holy grail of 1894 cowboys. Nice piece of lumber on that .44.

Chocdog
I don't mean to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but the barrel stamp is for a 38/357.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You stole that. It went for more than that brand new and I've seen plenty of those go for over a grand on gunbroker over the past few years.

Congrats on your find and score!

BTW, that is a JM stamped Marlin, right? Not a remlin :questionmark:
Yes I'm tempted to put it on GB, Some have brought 1200-1400 recently, Yes JM 2001 mfg.

Reactions: Gallo Pazzesco

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
That sure would look good next to my .45 and .38-55 cowboys.....

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Yes I'm tempted to put it on GB, Some have brought 1200-1400 recently, Yes JM 2001 mfg.
I'd hold onto it ... but if you do decide to unload it, give the guys here on the MO first shot. Set your price and see what it goes for.

You got a heckuva deal. It's only going to go-up in value over the course of the coming years.

·
Registered
20,520 Posts
Nice find and sweet lookin' rifle!:tee:

·
Registered
593 Posts
WOW dcsprings, GREAT find. Beautiful wood. Sometimes we get lucky at gun shows, but this is over the top! And a 24" 'er to boot. I have a 24" Cowboy LTD in 357, but NIB and I'm gonna keep it that way as long as I can control myself. I did find a 20" 'er at a gun show this winter but had to pay $950 bucks for it. (wanted one to shoot ;-) Maybe now I can keep the 24' 'er pristine.

- hutch

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I have one of them too and I can attest to the fact that it will become one of your favorite rifles. I might suggest you spend some shooting time with that CB and I think you will see why so many Marlin guys want one. I have really enjoyed all of my Marlins but my 1894C and my Cowboys are just plain fun.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
That is a great rifle no matter what you pay for it. But you got a great deal by our local standards. Nothing like that around here would be available for less than $999.... I am confident at that estimate. The market has run wild- it's all about the JM stamp first, then the model, then the caliber. Your has all of that working in its favor- and then that fabulous wood.

Great score.

I'm jealous!

Again

M

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That is one beautiful rifle! Congratulations!

Mop

·
Registered
569 Posts
:congrats: Jealous almost begins to describe what I'm feeling, congrats!

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
dc, for that price I'd have to keep her. What are the odds of finding another one that nice, for that price? Beautiful rifle!!!

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Keep it----shoot it for 10 years then put it on Gunbroker---it will still be worth twice what you paid for it by then. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Steve:tee:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts