Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here watching the news. In Winston salem NC, the cops were buying all firearms from citizens that were willing to turn them in. The prices they were giving is this. all auto weapons, 125.00, all handguns,100.00, and all rifle and shotguns 75.00. Man I wish I could have folks bring me their guns for that price. I will not torture anyone here and tell them how many GOOD QUALITY firearms were being turned for that price, the tables were full. The cops ran out of money in 2 hours. The line of cars sitting in line to GIVE AWAY their firearms went on forever. I am dumb founded.As to how many folks can be so blind as to turn in theis tools of survival. Example in a interview during this buy back The lady said her home has been broken into 3 times in the last two years, she has a handgun and said she was afraid she would have to protect herself and shoot someone. REALLY????? Thanks for listening. David.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Gun owners should open up a table and out bid them. I'm damn sure we would end up getting some great deals. If that can't be done hold signs and tell them to go to the local pawn shop and get more!! If anything some beautiful weapons could be saved!!! And as for the woman who made the ignorant comment, the powers that be have succeeded in numbing her out. Amazing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You do know that in the end it's for the children. :) These buybacks have been around for years, it is nothing more than liberal feel good BS. It makes me sick when I see them at the scrapyard crushing their purchases. However that being said I have a little .22 short Saturday Night Special revolver that is a total POS, my grandmother gave it to me 30 years ago. It had made in Germany stamped on the barrel and she asked me if it was a Lugar. I think new it cost $11.00 and they were readily available pre 1968. Now if one of these buy back scams is willing to give me $100.00 for it I will take it.

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
That's ok... Now she won't have to worry about shootin' the poor sole who breaks into her house and and is hell bent on hurtin' or killin' HER! So be it! Stupid is as stupid does! Can't understand the mentality but then again, I was raised to protect myself and NOT allow someone to hurt me OR my family without a fight!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Because the people turning in their guns believe that they are dangerous weapons and want them destroyed, not resold. I was in a gunstore in NY once and a guy was looking to sell several very nice looking older rifles. He would only sell them to a FFL and not a regular person, even though he could have gotten more money from me. The general public has been brainwashed into believing that guns are too dangerous to be left in the hands of regular people. The government and the media has done their job very well. I believe as time goes by and the younger more edgumacated generation takes over things will continue to get worse.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
people in the usa has been asleep and had freedom for to long, they are about to awaken.

Reactions: 336 Fan

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's ok... Now she won't have to worry about shootin' the poor sole who breaks into her house and and is hell bent on hurtin' or killin' HER! So be it! Stupid is as stupid does! Can't understand the mentality but then again, I was raised to protect myself and NOT allow someone to hurt me OR my family without a fight!
amen!! I agree 110% thank you.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem, the way I see it is. The criminals are not the ones standing in lines to give them away. These are law abiding citizens that watch the news on a daily basis same as me. I told my better half I was going to watch and see if more break ins occur in the next month or so in that area. You know the criminals are watching too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sitting here watching the news. In Winston salem NC, the cops were buying all firearms from citizens that were willing to turn them in. The prices they were giving is this. all auto weapons, 125.00, all handguns,100.00, and all rifle and shotguns 75.00. Man I wish I could have folks bring me their guns for that price. I will not torture anyone here and tell them how many GOOD QUALITY firearms were being turned for that price, the tables were full. The cops ran out of money in 2 hours. The line of cars sitting in line to GIVE AWAY their firearms went on forever. I am dumb founded.As to how many folks can be so blind as to turn in theis tools of survival. Example in a interview during this buy back The lady said her home has been broken into 3 times in the last two years, she has a handgun and said she was afraid she would have to protect herself and shoot someone. REALLY????? Thanks for listening. David.
I wish they'd have a buyback in NW pa.! I have this Cobra 380 I'd gladly give up for $125. :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Mazer, you would have been sick, as I was. I saw some there on those tables I would have gave very good money for. And you would have to. I also saw reloading equipment, lee, rcbs, and some older models I couldnt recognize. Knives, And some ammo of various rounds.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ya can't fix stupid!
Actually you can, and it happens daily around the world. We just live in a society that has developed and excuse and then a safety net for all manner of stupidity. After all, without the masses of the walking brain dead, how would a democrat ever get elected to office…?

Criminals universally understand that armed Leo's are no threat as they have been hobbled since the criminal coddling warren court of the 1960's. His sole intention was seemingly to keep society's predators on the streets, and is there any question it has worked? Armed citizens now are a completely different matter. Break in around here and a wonderful church going, God fearing, cookie baking grandmother will pull the trigger on the 12 ga. she's had in the home her entire life. Perspective assailants understand this and tend to behave accordingly, (go somewhere else). This is probably the only thing I know of that even a meth head understands.

Reactions: etexoldguy

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is natures way of helping to clean up the gene pool.

Reactions: TNcaller

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I just had to reach for my Handgun just this morning. Although we live in a real good area, we heard the front storm door slowly open up. I looked outside and didn't see anyone, which was pretty strange. I held the gun in one hand and opened the door with the other, just to find that my wife didn't close the door tight enough last night and it was only the wind that opened it, lol.

I sure did have it if I needed it though. Actually nice to go on a trial run once in a while.

Bill

·
Registered
447 Posts
Reminds me of the end of "Soylent Green", when Sol turns himself into the government to be made into food.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts