Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys..been awhile! :)....i have shifted off to boats the last few years, but still alive! :p..question?...can a guy buy a "guide gun" stainless, grey laminate off the shelf yet?...thanks larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha ha....not fair!...up here has to be 18 inches!!,,,crap, not going to sleep! :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, too nice!!(drool).....i WANT a factory 45-70 gray laminete stock with standard mag, no frills, just the basic guide gun??...when will it be possible?/.. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
riverhunter said:
wow, too nice!!(drool).....i WANT a factory 45-70 gray laminete stock with standard mag, no frills, just the basic guide gun??...when will it be possible?/.. :)
That is a tough one. Probably the easiest way would be to buy an 1895 XLR and shorten the barrel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
eaglesnest said:
That is a tough one. Probably the easiest way would be to buy an 1895 XLR and shorten the barrel.
That's what started my little ride on the Remlin Express, I was going to do that to my 450 Marlin MXLR. But then I came to my senses and started my 16" STP petting zoo instead. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
That $5100 price seems a little steep to me. That is over $1000 each and a new SBL doesn't doesn't cost that much and you get a lot more bells and whistles with it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
What you want is an 1895gs-ltd

I believe they made a 1000 of them sometime 5 years or so back..

My rilfe started out as an 1895gs. (standard stainless gg with walnut stock)

I picked up a straight laminate stock from an 1895sdt trapper..
Installed an 1895sbl mag tube..
and modified my lever..

All this was done cheaper than what a rifle like this would sell for new.

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,698 Posts
rhendrix said:
That $5100 price seems a little steep to me. That is over $1000 each and a new SBL doesn't doesn't cost that much and you get a lot more bells and whistles with it.
Yeah that's what I thought. I have two of those guns and only have $500 in one and about $600 in the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts
riverhunter said:
hi guys..been awhile! :)....i have shifted off to boats the last few years, but still alive! :p..question?...can a guy buy a "guide gun" stainless, grey laminate off the shelf yet?...thanks larry
No idea Larry but its good to see your still alive and kicking. You still throwing big chunk of lead at critters in PG? Spring bear soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seabass said:
No idea Larry but its good to see your still alive and kicking. You still throwing big chunk of lead at critters in PG? Spring bear soon.
hi seabass!...yep, still kicking!..the last couple years have been spent getting the new boat built and ready for hunting and fishing(wooldridge 29')...i want to get the guidegun in stainless to go with her!! :)....pick her up in two weeks....sitka black tails and blackies in the future, want to cruise shores of vancouver island up to alaks and up......i guess they are just not going to make the basic gun in stainless???.....maybe just have to get the extended barrel and shorten it!....all in good time! larry

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
riverhunter said:
ha ha....not fair!...up here has to be 18 inches!!,,,crap, not going to sleep! :'(
I assume you are in Canada?

If so, a factory 16.25 inch Trapper is Canada legal - you can't own a rifle that is bobbed shorter than 18 inches., but factory made carbines down to 16 inches ARE legal.

John Davies
Spokane WA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John E Davies said:
I assume you are in Canada?

If so, a factory 16.25 inch Trapper is Canada legal - you can't own a rifle that is bobbed shorter than 18 inches., but factory made carbines down to 16 inches ARE legal.

John Davies
Spokane WA
thanks john,,,,,,so marlin makes a 16,25 inch stainless/laminate in 45-70?..that would be a dream gun for me!! ;D.....i had alook at the ,marilin site but didnt see any?..thanks larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
riverhunter said:
thanks john,,,,,,so marlin makes a 16,25 inch stainless/laminate in 45-70?..that would be a dream gun for me!! ;D.....i had alook at the ,marilin site but didnt see any?..thanks larry
Here's my 1895 STP 16.25 inch "Trapper" - tho that's not it's real name - with a few mods. I found the carbine at a local gun store for US$680 last year.





These pics are resized by the forum - right click and select View Image to see them full sized.

John Davies
Spokane WA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top