Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my BIL's guide gun apart to relieve the loading gate, and put it back together. Everything worked fine. It didn't load as easily as mine, so I knew he would squawk, so I took it apart and thinned the spring a little.

I cannot cycle a loaded round through the gun now. As the cartridge leaves the tube, it hangs up half way out of the tube and locks everything up. This makes no sense.

What am I missing? It cycles fine without a cartridge in it, but put one in and it jambs up.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
There is a recess on the inside of the receiver that the narrow end of the gate has to sit in.
If misaligned, could cause your problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trapper-xx said:
There is a recess on the inside of the receiver that the narrow end of the gate has to sit in.
If misaligned, could cause your problem.
I'll check that tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Make sure the loading spring isn't in backwards.............Check the mag tube hole in the receiver for burrs.

Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check the floorplate screws. Long in the front and short on the side. Maybe this can cause what is happening here.

kenken

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
kenken said:
Check the floorplate screws. Long in the front and short on the side. Maybe this can cause what is happening here.

kenken
GOOD CALL !

Tom

·
Registered
671 Posts
Check that the plunger in the tube is not in backwards

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used a punch and bent the spring back in, while it was mounted, and now it works fine. I guess I got too much bow in it while I thinned it, and it was hanging up the shell. Works great now.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gun shoots great. I borrowed it for a year while I worked up loads with it for him. I shot a buffalo, gave it back, and stopped and bought myself a GBL on the way back home to Texas from North Dakota.

The guns are just too much fun to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts