·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Understand. I gave four of them away.

Reactions: Arky73

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Still trying. Got close a month ago but hey, diddnt work out.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I was blessed but not with daughters, thank the lord I guess. I would either be in the poor house spoiling them or in jail protecting them.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Arky you were a good Dad or you would not worry. Look on the bright side you may have gotten a new hunting buddy/SIL + some day Grand kids, now I know what that bumper sticker means that read If I had known that grandkids was this much fun we would have had them first!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
My wife and I had 2 kids. But we sold one and ate the other.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I only have one daughter...and the day I walked her down the isle and gave her away was one of toughest things I ever did too. However....I now have two wonderful Grandchildren because of her and my son-in-law. He's a real nice guy and I am training him to deer hunt. He has the book knowledge from the Hunter's Safety Classes...but now it's time to give him the practical hand's on.

I feel for you...but it does get easier as time goes on.

Hang in there....and if you're now an empty nester like I am....that's not bad either.

redhawk

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Never had a daughter, all we had was 4 boys. Got to be best man for one of them, cried all the way thru it...............................

You said grown men don't cry, remember the shortest verse in the Bible, John 11:35........JESUS WEPT...........greatest man to ever walk the earth.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
You did it just right. Grown men don't cry, until it's time to cry. It's not natural to give a part of you that you love away without crying.
And she needed to see that she's still loved by you. You did it perfectly, my friend.

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any man who has never cried has lived a very dull life. You did'nt give her away. You just loaned her out so she could give you some grandkids. See, every cloud has a silver lining!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts