Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry but I just think it's poor grooming and gross when women have hairy legs. I know it's acceptable in some parts of the world but we live in America and should act like Americans which means taking enough pride in our appearance not to go around looking like apes. Women who don't shave their legs usually stink like incense and their homes usually have catboxes in them that are very unpleasant. It may be sexist and all that because no one thinks that men with hairy legs are gross pigs but who the hell cares, I sure don't, not that I go around looking at women's legs all the time, but some women seem to take a certain pride in their lack of good taste and brag about their hairy legs which is disgusting. I can't imagine being proud of something like that.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mike-They don't like the razor burn in the areas you are thinking about. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,953 Posts
RomanCandle said:
I'm sorry but I just think it's poor grooming and gross when women have hairy legs. I know it's acceptable in some parts of the world but we live in America and should act like Americans which means taking enough pride in our appearance not to go around looking like apes. Women who don't shave their legs usually stink like incense and their homes usually have catboxes in them that are very unpleasant. It may be sexist and all that because no one thinks that men with hairy legs are gross pigs but who the hell cares, I sure don't, not that I go around looking at women's legs all the time, but some women seem to take a certain pride in their lack of good taste and brag about their hairy legs which is disgusting. I can't imagine being proud of something like that.
RC, I think a lot of it has to do with how you are raised & what you are acustomed to. As an example I was a soldier for 22 years. Shaved every day & got my haircut every 2 weeks (except when in combat). I've been retired for 15 years yet still shave every day & faithfully get my haircut every 2 weeks. If I don't I feel filthy.

Others; YMMV.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I'd agree, its a cultural thing. To say that every woman, everywhere that doesn't shave is a smelly slob is a bit narrow minded.
I dont find hairy legged women atractive myself but couldn't bring myself to belittle them if that was the only offensive thing about them.
I'v been around sweatty smelly women who were clean shaven.
Many cultures dont shave their pits either.
Americans are by & large a vain bunch. Something we probably oughtta try & overcome. I try anyway. :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're probably right leverdude and it's amazing how strongly cultural factors can influence us. I was just thinking abuot that in relation to food earlier today. When I was a little kid I used to think about weird stuff like how people managed to shave back in the day when they hadn't invented razors yet and I still don't know the answer to that.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
RomanCandle said:
You're probably right leverdude and it's amazing how strongly cultural factors can influence us. I was just thinking abuot that in relation to food earlier today. When I was a little kid I used to think about weird stuff like how people managed to shave back in the day when they hadn't invented razors yet and I still don't know the answer to that.
They didn't mostly but a piece of flint or obsidian when broken properly leaves an edge much sharper than any metal knife.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad I didn't live back then because I might have cut myself and I'm a very delicate type who doesn't like pain.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
They did not shave until about the 18th century---they plucked

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ouch! I can not even imagine attempting to pluck the hairs on my legs. But, its even harder to imagine going with hairy legs.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
RomanCandle said:
The whole idea gives me anxiety. I think that in some cultures they used sugar rubs or something like that.
Just imagine letting it go to a couple inches, then get a poodle cut :twisted: Or maybe do one of those NBA things and carve your initials in it :wink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Geez, why are there so many women in Alaska who have legs like semi truck drivers? I'm glad I'm not gay, I'd have to turn straight or join a convent which would be even worse because I hear that nuns don't shave their legs either.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Culture and up bringing both play heavy hands in matters of hygiene for both genders I imagine.

I've personally never had to take a razor to my legs in my life, I have to thank my Indian ancestor for that...yes I'm bragging :D ...okay I'll shut up now.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I reckon you could melt a barrel of parafin or sumthing similar & just dip yourself as far as you'd like & once the wax sets up just peel it off. Might get a bit touchy in some spots but I'd think that any offensive hair would be gone. :shock:

A sugar rub huh? I dont know if it would remove hair but theres other things that come to mind. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't have a lot of hair anyway and I'm not too lazy or lacking in self esteem to shave it, but that sugar rub thingy is giving me some ideas, especially after Sarge sent me to bed the other night with dessert.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually Sarge in another thread, can't recall which one, you said something about sending us to bed without dessert but I said Id rather be sent to bed with dessert and you didn't disagree so I figured that was as good as being sent to bed with dessert. Speaking of dessert I'm in trouble with one of the local restaurants because I've been trying ot get their recipe for Chantilly Cream and finally managed to do so because of a nice man who took me to dinner there but I would never use someone else's recipe without making it much better so I don't see what they are whining about.

I thought it might be good with some salmonberry sauce...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey RC, that was Gunjunkie that sent you to bed without dessert. Don't get me all het up like that again, I'm too old for such excitement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts