Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all, my name is Mark, I'm from Bellevue, Washington, and I recently acquired my third firearm, a 1978 (according to the serial number decoder) Marlin 336. It's actually my second Marlin (first one was a 795 I bought off a friend who was moving to Thailand), but I've wanted a 336 since I got to shoot my other friend's. I love it, but the stock sights leave much to be desired, so in the future, I intend on installing some nice peep sights.

I look forward to reading the technical articles, and hopefully learn more about both my gun, and the Marlin leverguns in general. Here's a picture of my 336, of which I've decided to get a cartridge holder for the stock, as well as eventually refinishing the furniture, and touching up (or redoing) the bluing on the top of the barrel.)

It's kind of a funny story, I went out looking for another, smaller pistol for carry purposes, but wound up at a pawn shop which had this on the shelf, and it was a good price, so I bought it. Though the pump action Remington .30-06 fascinated me, I liked this gun better.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Good lookin 336! John

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
A32Limited :)welcome this is me in Oregon. If you like a 336 you just got you will love this place and the 1895 in your future and... ;D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome in the forum! Your 336 is a beauty, keep it in good condition and don't sell it! :)

I came here a week ago and and feel somehow like coming home to a well known place.

Great folks, profound knowledge and good humour here. ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

I don't intend on selling the 336 anytime soon (or the other guns) since I like to hang onto things as long as I can.

For now, Me, I think I'll be content with the .30-30, though I'm sure I could be easily won over by firing an 1895 a couple times :D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi A32Limited, I am from NE Florida near Jacksonville. This forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome aboard. There are quite a fewwomen on this forum who like to shoot and hunt Marla

·
Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Hello and welcome to MarlinOwners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
20,291 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Hello Mark and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the friendly welcome guys (and girl!) I've been reading some of the build threads on the guns, and I really really like the silver stocks that I see floating around, makes me want a stainless gun to put those on...Though I kind of want to go with a lighter color of wood for my rifle.

Now to just save up more money to work on this gun, since I feel it's worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hj A32Limited, I am not a girl(kid) I am a grown woman. Most of the members of the Marlinowners Women's site are Adults not children. Marla

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Marla I thought you were still a spring chicken ;D

·
Super Moderator
15,864 Posts
Welcome from just south of you in Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL (North Haven, CT Rifles) MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi me, No I'm not a spring chicken. Brian in FL and I are married 42 years and both of us like to shoot and hunt. Marla

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hiya A32L, and welcome from Bundaberg, Australia. there is sooooooo much info to absorb, you will love it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts