Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropping in here to say hello. I frequent a few gun boards, mostly searching for info and lurking, but just joined up here. I picked up a Remlin SBL last week. First lever gun, first "Marlin". I'll try to get some pics online and into the .45-70 forum with a range update and pics of the gun for QA issues. Only thing on the rifle that is really weak is the checkering. Wood to metal is not bad for a production gun. It could be better, but it's not terrible. Front sight is straight, and it seems to cycle pretty smoothly. I got the gun mainly for black bear hunting. The area I hunt is very thick brush and the rifle will be perfect in there.

Anyway, name is Mark. Glad to have joined, and appreciate all the info folks are willing to share on the board. :)

·
Banned
651 Posts
Welcome from Kansas Mark. Enjoy your rifle or shoulder cannon.LOL NO really I have a remlin 45-70 and it got me to purchase a JM 45-70. Both are accurate and fun to shoot. Now over time we will see if you got the virus, MARLINITIS!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. Ever in Durango? My family has Serious Texas BBQ in Durango, Ft Collins & Farmington (NM).

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Morning all,
Thanks for the welcome.

Nope...Don't get to Durango often at all, but I do love BBQ. I do all my smoking on a weber bullet. :)

Hawking - we moved to Fruita from Loveland about 6 years ago, so back at ya. We really loved that town, I just wanted off the front range.

Taking my 7 year old daughter up to the woods to check some game cams today. She gets to shoot her new Savage Rascal, I get to shoot the SBL. Should be a fun day!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Welcome Mark from NE Indiana. Looking forward to the report.:tee:

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Mark and Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 # 1214
cajunjohn

"This is America," "Everyone's got a bone to pick."

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy that new rifle...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from Danvers Illinois. I sure like riding my motorcycle in your area. It's been a few years since I've been there but it sure is purty. You'll like that big ol 45-70!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts