Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have enjoyed reading the threads of information over the years and figured it is time to join. Been a Marlin owner since 1976 and killed my first buck with my old trusty 336 .35 in the early 80s. Right now I have 2 Marlins..both out of commission. A 336sc .35 with an ugly barrel that needs a replacement (early 60s or late 50s model), and an inherited 444s (1976)with a broken stock.. Hope to have one or the other ready for service this Fall.

I retired the 336sc .35 about 10 years ago after I realized that sighting in the rifle was more difficult than it should be. I looked down the barrel and noticed what appeared to be a 2-inch hairline crack crossing some of the microgooves (starting 4-5 inches from the the muzzle). Unfortunately, Marlin will no longer work on guns that are 50 years old so I'm looking for advice on finding a replacement barrel.

The 444s is my father-in-laws. Apparently, the last time he hunted (15+ yrs ago) he slipped and the gun stock ended up between him and a rock ledge..he was fine but the stock had a clean break (pieces missing). Looking for advise on a replacement walnut stock for that one. Having never shot a 444, I assume the learning curve on recoil is rather steep!

Last but not least, is my bolt-action 22 mag. Not a pretty rifle but puts a whallup on raccoons and undesired feral pests. Love that gun! I bought it a 15-20 years ago when we had a surge in the raccoon population. While a regular 22 lr will do, the 22 mag does it better..

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello and welcome to the marlin owners forum, from the state of Louisiana !!!
Stick around as there will be folks on that will help you get the parts you need.
Good people on this forum.

Team 45-70 #1214
Cajunjohn

"this is America"["everyone.s got a bone to pick."

·
Super Moderator
16,001 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Banned
651 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Full of great people with a lot of information and exceptional humor!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome from Mass.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome ...... From SEPA

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
I have enjoyed reading the threads of information over the years and figured it is time to join. Been a Marlin owner since 1976 and killed my first buck with my old trusty 336 .35 in the early 80s. Right now I have 2 Marlins..both out of commission. A 336sc .35 with an ugly barrel that needs a replacement (early 60s or late 50s model), and an inherited 444s (1976)with a broken stock.. Hope to have one or the other ready for service this Fall.

I retired the 336sc .35 about 10 years ago after I realized that sighting in the rifle was more difficult than it should be. I looked down the barrel and noticed what appeared to be a 2-inch hairline crack crossing some of the microgooves (starting 4-5 inches from the the muzzle). Unfortunately, Marlin will no longer work on guns that are 50 years old so I'm looking for advice on finding a replacement barrel.

The 444s is my father-in-laws. Apparently, the last time he hunted (15+ yrs ago) he slipped and the gun stock ended up between him and a rock ledge..he was fine but the stock had a clean break (pieces missing). Looking for advise on a replacement walnut stock for that one. Having never shot a 444, I assume the learning curve on recoil is rather steep!

Last but not least, is my bolt-action 22 mag. Not a pretty rifle but puts a whallup on raccoons and undesired feral pests. Love that gun! I bought it a 15-20 years ago when we had a surge in the raccoon population. While a regular 22 lr will do, the 22 mag does it better..

Cheers!
Welcome aboard!!

Numerich should have a replacement barrel for your 336 .35Rem and a stock for your 444 as well. Boyd's also makes good replacement stocks.

Btw, a couple of coonhounds do wonders for helping to reduce the raccoon populations:biggrin:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania. Grab a coffee and sit a spell, you're gonna like it here!

358 Win

1 - 20 of 35 Posts