Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks. My name is Eiler (think Tyler without the T), and I hail from the great state of Minnesota. I come from a Marlin family, though I didn't own one myself until my grandfather passed away in 2010 and left me his 1948 336 in .35 Rem. I love this rifle, though it has a few issues I still need to correct (ejector malfunctions/misfeeds). My dad and brother both rock the 336C in .35 Rem. (Dad's is from the early 80s, and my brother's was purchased in 2011).

I'm privileged to call myself a Marlin firearm owner, and I look forward to being a member of what seems to be a great group of enthusiasts.

Also: if any of you fine individuals could point me in the direction of any .35 Rem. sweet spots on the interwebs - any place a guy can find this apparently rare ammo. - I'd be greatly appreciative.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

Reactions: rehenrick

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Eiler, and welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 #1214
John

"This is America," "Everyone's got a bone to pick,"

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us. John

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Welcome from Big Sky Country! Happy to have ya with us, and enjoy the wit and wisdom of the Forum!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Glad you found us, welcome from SC. Casings for the 35 Rem are not rare, they are seasonal. I bought a 35 rem last year before deer season. Midway, Natches, and Brownells had casings for about $31 dollars per 50. Plus 3 boxes of factory rounds and you will have 110 casings. 110 casings will last a long time with the 35 rem. Hornady has a 210 gr Coreloc bullet which works real well. Powder was IMR 3031, found that at Midway last year in September.

You will score what you need, just keep an eye out for it. You will love the 35 Rem. I enjoy that caliber very much. Its always a toss up about weather I use a Marlin 30/30 or the Marlin 35 rem.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Welcome from NE Texas. You can pobably find some on Gunbroker. My suggestion would to get 25 post where you can buy and sell or trade here on Marlinowners. There is several sections if you scroll down close to the bottom. Someone might have some 35 ammo and be willing to trade if you have something they need.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Kentucky! Whittakers Gun Shop ( West Louisville Ky ) had factory ammunition a few weeks ago
I didn't look for brass. Are you a reloader??
BoB

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Welcome to MarlinOwners. You have a great rifle there (and we'd love to see pictures :biggrin: ). The 35 Rem is a great caliber and my favorite of all them. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Eiler, welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! I think the 35 Remington ammo is more of a seasonal thing than anything else. I've managed to accumulate a nice stash of it from several LGSs including Bass Pro Shop. You just make the usual browsing rounds and pick up a box here and there. Before long, you're ready for the woods. Plus you save all your brass and reload what you shoot. In my opinion, reloading is THE WAY to go.

Ron

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello Eiler, Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Super Moderator
16,014 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Gotta' love those .35 rems...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts