Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my great wife is saving up money for me , for a fathers day gift, a gun, but im not sure which one i should pursue,i either want a browning buckmark pistol or a ruger pistol , i like 22's what should i get and why,
please help!!!!!!!!1 :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey rimfireman. Glad to hear that the swamp critter (Yeti) hasn't made off with you. :shock: I own a Browning Buckmark and love it. I have both a 4" and the 5.5" barrels for it. Probably the best gun buy I've made in years. About $250.00 and it has been flawless and a whole bunch of fun. I must have about 600 rounds through it and would buy it again in a heartbeat. I don't own a Ruger but people seem to love them. I'm sure you will get some feedback on them. PS Don't go down to that slough on moonless nights! :D :shock:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have had a Ruger Mk II in stainless steel for a great many years now. It is my most accurate pistol. Even better than the single shot, 10" SS barrelled Contender. :shock: It is model KMK-512. "Stainless Bull Barrel target Mk II". Very reliable, never had a problem with it. :D Bought in 1992. 8) You can't go wrong with it. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have both Browning and Ruger...... Sad to say the buckmark has been nothing but trouble :( ... That's why I bought the Ruger. Was one of the best buys I've made over the years!!! But that's my opinion......

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got a Buck Mark and a Ruger Target Model. If you want a great, accurate plinker and target shooter, go for the Buck Mark--at least a Standard with 5 1/2" barrel. I think there is just something about the sights on the Buck Mark that makes it very easy to shoot accurately.

I've got nothing against the Ruger, but I think the Buck Mark is a more all around pistol. The Ruger I have is more of a pure target pistol; it's not one that I carry around on my hip. I shoot this pistol with a red dot from 100 yards.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Never owned a Buckmark. I have had 3 Rugers all 5 1/2 bull barrells. First one was extremely accurate but I had to have stainless steel and traded it to a new one. Bad move. The stainless was not near as accurate for some reason. Traded it to a customized 10/22. Good move, very accurate rifle. I now own a older Mark II manufactured in the late 60's and it is a nice pistol (blue too).

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That's awesome. Mine asked me if I wanted a grill or a watch for Father's day. I told her a watch (Fossil). She wanted to spend some GOD awfull amount of money on a danged watch, which I shot down. We may have struck a compromise though....a CMP Garand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts