Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Smith and Wesson K22 was made in 1948 and belonged to my great uncle. It was the first handgun my father ever shot. I remember hunting ground hogs with it at my grandmother's farm in Kentucky as a young teenager. It is still a fantastic shooter.

K22_NRDTgts.jpg

With original stocks:

user263133_pic13875_1443572282.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
This Smith and Wesson K22 was made in 1948 and belonged to my great uncle. It was the first handgun my father ever shot. I remember hunting ground hogs with it at my grandmother's farm in Kentucky as a young teenager. It is still a fantastic shooter.

View attachment 748139

With original stocks:

View attachment 748141
I love the model 17. Your's is very nice despite you saying you hunted with it. Here are a couple pics of my S&W K's in .22......Model 17 and 48 with 8 3/8" barrels.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one just like the OP's,,,I got it from my father who in 1957 traded for it with a guy who wanted a evinrude outboard motor that he offered for sale. The engine had a cracked head and would not run right when the engine got up to temp. Mom got mad at dad for doing that but deals are deals I guess. I shot the gun when I was very young and currently it is in my Safe and that trade was about 60 years ago,,like it was said the action is sooooo smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have one just like the OP's,,,I got it from my father who in 1957 traded for it with a guy who wanted a evinrude outboard motor that he offered for sale. The engine had a cracked head and would not run right when the engine got up to temp. Mom got mad at dad for doing that but deals are deals I guess. I shot the gun when I was very young and currently it is in my Safe and that trade was about 60 years ago,,like it was said the action is sooooo smooth.
I believe your dad got the better end of that deal, and you are still reaping the benefits .

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
My 1st m17 K22 was what sucked me into S&W Revolvers. I still have my original 1964 that I got new. It is my main carry 22 in the woods. I have a few extras now and a couple m18s as well as the full meal deal up to m29s. I don't have m48s although I have had several. I load and can shoot CFs for about the same money as 22mgs. All mine are older P&Rs except one m25-5. It shoots well so it
went into keeper pile. I've had all the top shelf Colt target revolvers and I still think the K22 is the best of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one made in 1947 also, but it has a single line made in the USA instead of what yours has, you might want to check the serial number, I don't think it's a 1947.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Absolutely awesome S&W K22.

Reactions: Shark Bait

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have one made in 1947 also, but it has a single line made in the USA instead of what yours has, you might want to check the serial number, I don't think it's a 1947.
You must have misread my post. Mine is a 1948 vintage gun. They're all oldies but goodies!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts