Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first of this month I posted that I had a 336 Texan I wanted converted to 336CB in .30-30. I sent the rifle to Marlin and in a week, received a letter acknowledging receipt of the rifle and money order. I had previously asked them how much more it would be to replace the buttstock to match the new forearm as they said they don't replace anything from the receiver back. They informed me it would be about $80.00 for the buttstock and I opted not to do that thinking I would just strip and stain the old butt to match the new forearm. I just got my "new" Marlin 336CB today and is it a beauty. I feel fortunate that they still had parts to make the .30-30CB conversion. On top of that, apparently, they didn't think the original buttstock looked good enough and they replaced it free of charge. They also returned all my old parts. I can hardly wait to sight this beauty in. It may be the only 336CB with a saddle ring and along with the factory letter maybe it will be a collector someday. Kudos to Marlin and their good and prompt service.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I second the notion of great service and at the same time wish they had not halted production of that great gun. All of my 30-30's are great, but this is the funnest one to shoot. I only wish my buddy could find one now. I have mine broken in with cast bullets, and that is all it will ever shoot. I got it in November, and have put several thousand rounds through it so far.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr. A - Do you have some recommended loads I can try in my .30-30 CB? I took mine out Saturday and shot 30 gr. IMR-4895 with 150 gr. Speer. All I had were the irons that came with it and shot a 2" group at 50 yards. That's OK with these old orbs but I'd like to put a 2 1/2 - 4 X scope on it and work up some good loads. I'd especially like some cast bullet loads and if you buy cast where do you get them from?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Masterrifleman glad to see everything went well for you at Marlin. I have been very happy with the work they have done for me. I have a 30-30 Cowboy and only shot it once. Mine shot cast bullets better than jacked. I have not had time to work up loads for it. If it shoots anything like my 38/55 Cowboy conversion I will more than happy. If you work up good loads post them, it will be good to read how your rifle shoots. Good Luck >>Tombstone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts