Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the perfect weekend for a gun nut! Last night was our get together of historical arms collectors group, then a gun show today, and tommorrow a gun show at OAC! Just doesn't get much better than that! :D

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Have a great time! Keep an eye out for 26" 1893's made before the Marlin family sold the firm for me. You know me, I'm a shooter first, collector second. I'd like to know what the range of prices you see is for such a rifle. Look forward to your "HIGHLIGHTS" report!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, not much to report. Our OAC show today was strictly rimfires, so didn't see your 1893 Geoff. Had a great turnout, and a friend was selling a bunch of his old pre 1900 S&W revolvers, plus some of his singleshot rifles. He was trying to generate some cash to buy a Stevens Ladies Rifle, which are extremely rare. I didn't buy anything from him, as he needed bucks, so I didn't want to beat him up on his prices. At the end of the show it sounded like he made it, so he's happy.
Still we had a good turn out, and a enjoyable show, so that was great. Magnet must have been broken, as I sold a couple things, but didn't buy anything. Guess that's good, since Reno is in less than 2 weeks!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Glad you had a great turnout and a great time! I see you are displaying the DISCIPLINE that comes with experience in collecting. Don't get distracted, don't force anything, sell when the opportunity arises! I'm really looking forward to hearing about Reno in a couple weeks.

Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts