Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon, a 29 year old police officer from Grand Forks ND was shot and killed and a second officer from the Grand Forks Co. Sheriff's Dept was seriously wounded as they attempted to complete a routine service of an eviction notice. The deceased officer was also a First Lieutenant in the ND National Guard - he is survived by his wife and 10 month old child. The individual who opened fire on the officers is reported to have a long criminal history - he opened fire without any warning or provocation - and did sustain wounds but survived the incident. The female occupant of the residence died from the exchange of gunfire.

·
Registered
29,098 Posts
Prayers sent to family of LEO.

Terrible times were in.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
Evil has been lurking in the minds of many, and what's goin' on around the world today is just magnifying it! Prayers for the officers and their families!

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Murder one or two or three!!!!!!!! .....................but he walks part of that back when he realizes he just stepped on it in front of the entire Country. "Murder"!!!!!!!! "black man killed for an 'accusation' of passing a counterfeit 20 dollar bill !!!!! ............Murder! he tells us, America, on National Television.

He even articulates that "smirk" on the Officers face .........on National television.

"cause of the looting and destruction"
he says .......on National TV. ............but of course he reminds us that is not good, can't have that.

Trey Gowdy ...................simple irresponsible criminal filth with a podium, just like the rest.

Never thought I'd say that.........

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
all this is not good, with 40 million unemployed, virus spreading like wildfire and inner city riots breaking out. our country has become a tinder box I believe.
I agree that we are a country that is a tinder box - like char cloth - just waiting for the spark to ignite the flame! I have posted previously about our daughter and her family who live in St. Paul and the fact that their home was robbed by home invasion while they slept at night - car stolen - money and and ID's. Now, they live in fear - fear of reprisal against them for something they with which they had nothing to do. Yesterday, their home was filled with smoke from the fires. My daughter wanted to take her children to a park so they could play and get fresh air, only when upon arriving at the park, they encountered masses of individuals gathering to plan more rioting. The public park was serving as a staging ground for last night's criminal activity. She very carefully wound her way back through the gathering crowd. She was grateful to get home.

I don't agree with the use of excessive or unnecessary force. And, I was not a witness to the officer's actions in Mpls - nor the circumstances. I have deep regret that a CITIZEN died - it is unconscionable and criminal! However - and I think we would all agree - those circumstances do not give rise to the justification of riots, looting, terrorizing, and more murder - all in the name of attempting to obtain "Justice." People need to get their head out of the darkness.......which may be difficult since evil is in a battle with good.

I think about this young officer and the loss to his wife and young son, his family and parents, the loss to his department and the community, as well as the military detachment he served for this state and our nation..... I pray for them and I pray that somehow justice will be served for his death - brutal and unforgivable! I'm sure that whatever justice is meted out in his death, it will be significantly more civilized!

Reactions: Kevin.M

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Murder one or two or three!!!!!!!! .....................but he walks part of that back when he realizes he just stepped on it in front of the entire Country. "Murder"!!!!!!!! "black man killed for an 'accusation' of passing a counterfeit 20 dollar bill !!!!! ............Murder! he tells us, America, on National Television.

He even articulates that "smirk" on the Officers face .........on National television.

"cause of the looting and destruction"
he says .......on National TV. ............but of course he reminds us that is not good, can't have that.

Trey Gowdy ...................simple irresponsible criminal filth with a podium, just like the rest.

Never thought I'd say that.........

Trey Gowdy is right! murder plain and simple! if I saw "and I did" three men taking part in the torcher and choking to death of a man while he was begging for his life yea I would be safe to call that murder. another thing you are leaving out Gowdy said was if it were a citizen without a badge they would have already been charger with murder 1, 2, or 3 as a former federal prosecutor I think he knows what he is talking about,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
and the killer that was on the mans neck has just been arrested, yea I think Gowdy is right,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
15,492 Posts
Yesterday afternoon, a 29 year old police officer from Grand Forks ND was shot and killed and a second officer from the Grand Forks Co. Sheriff's Dept was seriously wounded as they attempted to complete a routine service of an eviction notice. The deceased officer was also a First Lieutenant in the ND National Guard - he is survived by his wife and 10 month old child. The individual who opened fire on the officers is reported to have a long criminal history - he opened fire without any warning or provocation - and did sustain wounds but survived the incident. The female occupant of the residence died from the exchange of gunfire.
Prayers Sent!!!!!
RIP ALL.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Brother Mike ..................not a thing legally, procedurally or otherwise wrong with that arrest. You are again missing my point.

Convicting on the 'evidence' of a video, and not even all of the videos yet, ...............pitting white against black .............is wrong.

Too me, Gowdy is filth.........

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
well, I understand what you and every body else is saying about seeing all the evidence. and that is great, lets do that. I here people say we need to know what went own before the video, that is also good. but nothing this man could have possibly did before this video justifies what an out of control cop did to him! NOTHING! can you think of anything? I am listening. I could put Mike Tyson in handcuffs and lead him around like a child, what could he do kick at me? but I wouldn't won't be around when he got loose! LOL you have got to admit the video don't lie, people do,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Kevin.M

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Mike, that video 'looks' bad, real bad, but .............I'll leave it there. The process will deal this out, guarantee with this one Brother.

If one speaks on such a large public forum as our leaders past and present do, or are held out to us as an authoritative voice, I expect the truth and the facts.

Mike, here is some truth. Cops kill more whites, than blacks, every year, some years, hundreds more. That's the math, not my opinion.

................Trey Gowdy sent America a whole different message last night. That man is not dumb, and like I said, never .....actually even hard to believe I'm saying it right now as I have always touted that man high, even right here on this very forum. .................filth, no respect for him, none.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Mike, that video 'looks' bad, real bad, but .............I'll leave it there. The process will deal this out, guarantee with this one Brother.

If one speaks on such a large public forum as our leaders past and present do, or are held out to us as an authoritative voice, I expect the truth and the facts.

Mike, here is some truth. Cops kill more whites, than blacks, every year, some years, hundreds more. That's the math, not my opinion.

................Trey Gowdy sent America a whole different message last night. That man is not dumb, and like I said, never .....actually even hard to believe I'm saying it right now as I have always touted that man high, even right here on this very forum. .................filth, no respect for him, none.
well as far as cops killing more whites than blacks to me that has nothing to do with it. I know the black folks are screaming it was racist, I do understand that. I do not think he cared about his race. he was a power tripping thug with a badge and a uniform. if I saw three men/cops choking to death my brother or wife on the street that was begging for there life I would be the one going to prison! this really infuriates me! and it worries me, am I safe driving down the road minding my own business? is my wife safe? this sort of thing happens all the time! maybe not to the degree of people getting killed by cops, although they do kill unarmed people and violate our rights all the time! I am on the side of law and order, I am a law abiding person. but I do not trust another man who has been given the power that they have. if I get stopped again I will record the stop or any encounter I ever have with a cop,,,

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
It is a tragic event but I think LE need to change some of their methods especially if they know they are dealing with a problem child. Better bullet proof gear, other methods of getting the occupants to come out, etc.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts