Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Arky, there is no way I would have messed with Gramps, & he had his black coffee too.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Dr how much did the wheels cost for that 458???;););):beer:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Dr how much did the wheels cost for that 458???;););):beer:
Mike,

I do have a few bucks in it, that's for sure. Worst thing about it all is the ammo. $3-5 a shot...it's like shooting Lincoln's. :argh: My first ammo buy for it was a touch over $300 :s:

NOT adding it all up, building it myself.....I'm guessing $1500 with scope, mounts, 4 magazines and all..... with ammo i'm easily in for $2000.

All that said, It's my very favorite AR that I own and I wouldn't change a thing!!!! :smokin:

DR

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
Never upset old men--if they are too old to fight, they will just shoot you.

Thanks for sharing.

"I carry a gun 'cause I'm too old to fight and too fat to run!"

Gr8rtst.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
drinva, 10 yrs ago a gc I did some work for came into the GS I was in he bought 5 boxes of .458, I saw him a week later,when ask he said he shot all 5 boxes at the range " it was fun".

Reactions: drinva

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Thank you for sharing and sorry for your loss.
I'm waiting on my first grandchild. I love my AR. I'm down to 1 now but still take it out and make a whole lot of nose, scare the wildlife and have an absolute ball with it. They are just such fun to shoot all day and not get beat up with recoil on our older bodies.

Reactions: Arky73

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Good pic. of your grandpa.
My condolences sir.
On my second AR, back during the Obumg-ho days, a buddy of mine wanted it worse than me.
I bulit the lower but then bought the upper.
Do have a matching stripped upper to go with the lower I built.

RP

·
Registered
217 Posts
"I carry a gun 'cause I'm too old to fight and too fat to run!"

Gr8rtst.
OR....

I carry because I'm too young to die, too old take a butt whippin', and too good lookin' to get messed up!

Reactions: drinva
21 - 29 of 29 Posts