Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Guide Gun 45-70, and a .22 39a, and have a question about Grace tool sets. I know they have a set of drivers tailored for the Marlins, but was looking at the Grace GCT-17 set that includes 8 screwdrivers, 8 solid brass pin punches, and an 8 oz brass hammer.

Does anyone use the drivers from this set on their Marlins, and if so, are they a close enough fit?

Thanks - Randy

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Instead of buying a set drivers for just one application – in this case your Marlin – why not buy a multi-blade that would will fit Marlins, other firearms, as well as other applications around the shop/reloading bench?

Many years ago, I was in the market for a set of screwdrivers (AKA turn screws for those on the other side of the pond). A Fellow Shooter suggested a multi-blade set. Did some research, queried other shooters and a gunsmith. From their advice, I purchased a Magna-Tip Super Set from Brownell’s (item number 080-112-084WB). World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells

Not exactly inexpensive. My set is well utilized. Surprised at just how much I do use it as I thought it would have a “limited” application for only firearms and reloading equipment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I'd bet it would go a long way to meet your needs. I have the Marlin set, plus the "pistol" set, and they have been very useful. Excellent quality and I find them easier to use than the bit sets. I have both.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
ghh3rd I have GCT-17, doesn't work well with Marlins, the puches are nice as is the hammer, I have the Marlin 5pc set also which works well, but I bought the Brownell's super set and it is by far the best I've used period. If I had bought the super set first I would not have needed the others. Nothing wrong with Grace, they make a fine product. The super set will cover pretty much every gun you own. Hope that helps.
JB

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bought the GCT-17 set last fall - I requested that the 5 Marlin drivers be part of the set and that the other 3 work for s&w wheel guns. That's what I got - Dan the company president is a great guy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400927014.010492.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400927035.944041.jpg

I really haven't used the set enough to give it a thorough review but the quality/craftsmanship is great.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
I bought them as separate kits, the punches work for moving sights, but I mainly use them on the Winchester 94

1 - 7 of 7 Posts