Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to post that I was out shooting my 94FG with 210 Fed Fusions to sight in a new scope...got it bullseyeing within 4 rounds ...shot a group at 50 that right at 3/4"...couldnt believe my eyes so moved the target out to 100yds...5 shots in 1.2" ...to say I'm happy is an understatement...would like to have had a chrono handy to get real world velocities but I'm guessing about 1600-1700...You know what my antlered pest control gun is going to be this season :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had one I had to let go cause of bills and it would do about the same with hand loads, they are some sweet shooting guns.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Calvin,

For clarification your rifle is a .41 mag? Impressive to find a factory load that shoots so well.

Chocdog
I've never found a factory .41 load that didn't shoot well...

OP, if you want something a little heavier, try the Federal 250grn flat point cast load in the FG... it's awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 41 mag FG is a great Lever action. Paid $400 for mine when they first came out and still wouldn't sell it now for the prices they are going for. I use cast in mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just picked up an 1894S in 41 Mag because I like straight-grips better. Paid a lot, so I hope it shoots as well as the OP's!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The incredible 'FG performance is uncanny, IDK why. Seven deer and 1 'yote so far, out to 105 yards offhand.
One was just not enough. Again, IDK why.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does the FG have micro or Ballard rifling? Any body have cast bullet mold suggestions for an FG? Regards Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts