Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Got Two this morning

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Marlinjunkie 
#1 ·
Hogs were really moving. I shot a nice sow and then got down at about 10 am. Went around to get my camera card from another stand and got this boar.

See less See more
#6 ·
Shot on the sow was 140 yards...that's the distance from the stand i was in tothe feeder.
The boar was a long shot. I estimate it to have been 300 yards or more.
The reason one of his ears is messed up is that is where the bullet came out, in one and out the other.
The rifle is a rem 700 DM ( detachable magazine model) in 7mm08. I use 140 gr sierra pro hunters over 42.5 grs of IMR 4895
The scope is a Schmidt- Bender

#12 ·
This rifle belonged to my Dad. To my knowledge, he never killed many deer with it. It spent much of it's life as a safe queen. He was a huge fan of the 7mm08 he just never carried it because he was afraid he'd scratch it up.
I actually found the rifle and called him about it. I knew what it was and that it was pretty rare being a DM model. I wanted it but he kept telling me it'd beat the hell out of it.
But since he passed away, i have actually tried real hard not to do that.
If any of you guys ever have the means to purchase a Schmidt-Bender rifle scope, i highly reccomend one. I have never looked through a piece of gun mounted glass that is anywhere close to being this clear. It doesn't even need good daylight. Cloudy, twilight, it don't matter. You can see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.