Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a gunshow last week and I traded for a new Socum 16 Springfield. My youngest son wanted it which is no surprise as he has my old M1A. We shot it today and it shoots lights out. He put 3 shots into the biull at 100 yards that was 1 1/2 goup centered. He has quite a few guns and when we got around to trading the fun started. I finally wound up with quite a bit of money and got my first year 9422M back and to sweeten the pot I snookered him out of a walther p-38 with 2 clips and original holster which looks new. The pistol is a P1 whick is the post WW11 imported by Interarms with the alumimum frame. It is not nearly as desirable as the older p-38 but it still is a 250-300 dollar gun and shoots good with ball ammo but hangs with hollowpoints. He usually gets the better of me in a gun trade but most of the time I let him. but today I hung tough. I was really glad to get my old 22 mag back.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You did very well! I had an original military P-38 (early Walther) I obtained while stationed in Germany back in the late 60's. I made a mistake in letting a friend talk me out of it 20 years ago, still miss that pistol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts