Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Hepburn back from Gun Fancy, after 4 months! Had the case colors redone, and barrel rust blued, plus a little extra something. Had it engraved in a simple factory pattern, plus the rollstamp returned to the barrel.
The flash washed out the case colors a bit, as they are much better than they appear in my pics. Sorry for the fuzziness! I was trying to get too close up.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sweeeet!! :D Now you're all ready for another Tennessee postal match! :wink: SW

·
Registered
201 Posts
MM

Sure looks like a Stevens to me. Too bad the stock is all screwed up or did you take pictures looking in a mirror? This the way it would look if it was mine.

One fine looking rifle Vall.

DG

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hogger! It's sure been tough waiting four months to get it back, but it was worth it in the end. Dale did a lot of extra engraving, plus he recut the hepburn patents, and the barrel markings.
Smoke,
Maybe I ought to fit a lefthand stock too! After all, I'm ambidextrous, and left eye dominant! :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yummmmm......send it to me and I'll take some close-ups for you. I promise to send it right back. :twisted: :shock: Nice, nice, and nice!!!

max

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea Max! Maybe you might send me a three barrel Ballard to use while you're doing the closeups? :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Very nice!!!! Shot it yet??????Huh, huh, did'ya, huh????

·
Registered
719 Posts
wellll.........

B E A U T I F U L.............. :shock:
what type of sights will go on this one? needs a loooooonng brass telescope! :p
what caliber? i DON"T want to hear it's a 44-77 sharps bottleneck.... :shock:

"i can't stand to see a grown man cry"! :cry:

wanna trade a couple of regestured shepards for it?????? :roll:
(but don't tell my war dept i offered this!!!!!!)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know I've told you before that I'm jealous of your collection.

You have some damn nice firearms.

·
Registered
579 Posts
MM 93 that is super nice!!! Case is very nice too! Makes me want a Hepburn now. Sad part about being poor, not being able to afford everything you want!! I am getting the two barrel cased Hopkins and Allen set. made the deal Saturday and have a month to cough up the rest of the money. Will post pictures tonight. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Max,
Can't wait to see what you've gotten now!
Shum8,
This gun has been together and aprt so many times, I've lost track. I shot extensively when it was in the white, working up loads for the .45-70 Badger barrel. It really shoots well, with a cast 400 grain bullet, at around 1350 fps. I got some respectable groups of close to 1.5" at 100 yds, and that's about as good as I can shoot, even from the bench! I plan to hunt with this gun, (carefully) so it's not going to be a wallhanger, or safe queen!
Kaintuck,
It's drilled and tapped for my full length brass repro scope, with the custom mounts I built. I'll put that back on, but also had a front dovetail cut, so I can use irons too!
knight0334,
Thanks for the kind words.
Moodyholler,
This sure isn't a rich man's gun! Bought it as a crusty barreled action, and two chunks of really nice wood came with it. The price was cheap, and Dale Woody's work was extremely reasonable for all he did! Casehardening, engraving, recutting rollstamps on barrel and frame, rust bluing barrel, buttplate, and receiver parts, plus fire bluing the screws, cutting front sight dovetail, all came to about $500. I'm in this gun just over a grand, and compared to what all original Hepburns go for, I'm tickled at this figure.
Glad you're getting the H&A set! They've got to be super rare in a two barrel set!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ditto-Ditto-
On the great looking rifle. How about trying to get another picture thats close but not fuzzy? I and I'm sure bunch more fellows would like to see her some more and clear. So far I only get to see pictures of great pieces like your's!!!!!

SpikeMaster49 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK Spike! Posted some different, and clearer pics! :D

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
HEY - I just noticed in the new pics - it's got some ol' guy's initials in the bbl......Shoulda filed tham down afore ya had it blued :lol: :wink: .......

·
Registered
201 Posts
What Pictures? I don't see any new pictures.

DG

·
Registered
579 Posts
He edited the old pictures at the middle of page 1. moodyholler

·
Registered
145 Posts
MM93,
That Ole Girl is prettier then a speckled puppy!!!!! When ya gonna fire her off? Keep us posted on the day you turn her loose to see if all that engraving flies off or stays on. LOL LOL LOL

Shes a "BEAUTY"

SpikeMaster49 :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8)

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Smoke, since you already fixed the stock problem, I just edited pictures 2, 3, and 4, to a better image. :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
OK!

I just didn't look at the first page. Boy that guy did a super job on the case and blue. Did you do the stock work?

DG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts