Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures! Bluing is excellent! A few screws could be better. Butt stock has a piece missing at the left top tang. Seller never mentioned, but I never asked, since my plan is to replace with walnut. So no hard feelings. I am happy with it. The scope is off (now I need fill screws) and I did not have to pay some one to take the mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice rifle, Bob.
I'll bet it'll look even better when you put walnut on it.

Got my Westernfield yesterday!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Pictures! Bluing is excellent! A few screws could be better. Butt stock has a piece missing at the left top tang. Seller never mentioned, but I never asked, since my plan is to replace with walnut. So no hard feelings. I am happy with it. The scope is off (now I need fill screws) and I did not have to pay some one to take the mounts.
You probably already know this, but a walnut forearm for a Model 30 will need to be the less common end cap style, not the barrel band version.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
BuffaloBob, nice looking Marlin, congraats to you. Keep us in the loop on wood upgrade. Take care, John.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Congrats on the Model 30! Waiting to see her with new wood. Now you will have to see what she likes to eat. DP

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Nice lookin' rifle BB!:tee:

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Do us a favor, measure the length of the forearm wood when you remove it and post the length as well. DP

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Very nice rifle! :congrats:Looking forward to a range report! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I like the darkness of that stock. I just stripped the finish from the Glenfield I got last week and hope I can get it that dark. Otherwise I may go to walnut myself. Thanks for the pictures.

Mop

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is very nice!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice, have fun with her!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.