Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it’s not exactly law enforcement (although I can arrest people) but I wasn’t sure where to post it. I’m just proud of myself 🤣 On my way to level 4 bodyguard.

i passed my final today for Level 3 armed guard with a %97 and got a perfect score (250) on the range. I shot a 2in group with 47 rounds and 3 fliers 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄. Used my XDM elite 3.8in, 9mm (iron sights) with 115g Augila ammo. The Texas LTC was included in the class for an extra charge so I went ahead and did it even though I already have an Arizona CCW. At least I don’t need to do a background check now with firearms lol

I used to work on post as a contractor so maybe I’ll try to be a gate guard or something on base again idk yet. It’s hot down here so i don’t want to sit outside all day checking ID’s 🥵

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats!
Maybe look at openings with the electric power plants around the state, the nukes in particular. No idea what qualifications they require, but they have large armed security teams.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats!
Maybe look at openings with the electric power plants around the state, the nukes in particular. No idea what qualifications they require, but they have large armed security teams.
It may be tricky tracking that down, the plants themselves aren’t allowed to hire security guards directly, they need to go through a licensed security company. It would likely be “Paragon” as they do the big contracts and pay the most. You need at least 2 years minimum experience to get hired with them.

Congrats! do me one favor. never be a body guard for a dem! LOL
I definitely won’t do that. If you do a “gig” Most companies will tell you what and who you will be guarding. Usually a month in advance. For instance the company I got certified through is doing security for 2 big concerts coming up in august. They offered me a part time weekend job for $10 but I declined. Most likely I will be starting out with brinks or loomis. Or maybe some mom and pop company paying crappy for a night shift. As along as it’s full time, night shift, work alone and pays the bills I’ll be fine with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts